Fomena-based T.I. Amass picked the last slot for Ashanti region schools for the prelims of the 2019 National Science and Maths Quiz.
With a tally of 49 points, they defeated Effiduasi Senior High who scored 37 points.
St. Mary's Girls' SHS suffered to keep up in the game, finishing with only 18 points but also did better than Collins Senior High who are still chasing a debut at the nationals. They scored only scored six points.
In the penultimate contest, Toase Senior High picked up the qualification with 34 points.
T.I. Amass students jubilated on their victory
St. Hubert Seminary and Senior High failed to book a third-time consecutive appearance in the TV quiz, scoring 12 points lower than Friday’s victors.
In the 2018 contest, they were eliminated at the one-eighth stage their at their first game, having appeared as a seeded school from 2017.
Amaniampong Senior High and Barekese Senior High both scored 13 and six points respectively; only good for the records.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Imported arms controversy: ‘Weapons pose security threat’ – Abotsi
- Climate change lessons included in new basic school curriculum
- We have employed 350,000 public sector workers - Veep
- 2 siblings washed away while playing in the rain
- Man charged with reckless driving wants to go to jail than home to wife
- Google launches one-stop shop for flights, hotels
- Baako wants CID boss changed
- 2 Suspected robbers killed in shoot-out with police at Kasoa
- NIA shuts down online portal for Ghana Card registration
- 5 years on; Rawlings, other NDC stalwarts remember PV Obeng
- Abuakwa South MCE urges youth to desist from using illicit drugs
- Who will be Ghana’s next possible IGP? Find out here
- Chinese man gets ten days in jail for giving his dogs “illegal” names
- Geddit Ghana announces winner of maiden promotion
- Zion College, Anloga celebrates 82nd speech and prize giving day