Fomena-based T.I. Amass picked the last slot for Ashanti region schools for the prelims of the 2019 National Science and Maths Quiz.
With a tally of 49 points, they defeated Effiduasi Senior High who scored 37 points.
St. Mary's Girls' SHS suffered to keep up in the game, finishing with only 18 points but also did better than Collins Senior High who are still chasing a debut at the nationals. They scored only scored six points.
In the penultimate contest, Toase Senior High picked up the qualification with 34 points.
T.I. Amass students jubilated on their victory
St. Hubert Seminary and Senior High failed to book a third-time consecutive appearance in the TV quiz, scoring 12 points lower than Friday’s victors.
In the 2018 contest, they were eliminated at the one-eighth stage their at their first game, having appeared as a seeded school from 2017.
Amaniampong Senior High and Barekese Senior High both scored 13 and six points respectively; only good for the records.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Humanitarian crisis as violence ravages Chereponi, again
- YRE Ghana walks to demand climate change action
- Mum mortified after x-rated video for husband is shared with 2,000 Facebook pals
- Police investigating themselves violates natural justice - CHRI
- Truck veers off Tema motorway into commuters and kills one
- MP backs calls for resignation of UEW Vice Chancellor
- GIMPA School of Technology; partners mentor young girls
- Today's front pages, March 18, 2019
- Growing police-civilian mistrust threat to public tranquillity - BPS
- 1,500 smuggled turtles found alive in abandoned luggage
- God will judge you if you don’t cook well for kids – School feeding caterers told
- Armed Forces get multipurpose hall in Kumasi
- Ghana on track to achieving equity – Cynthia Morrison tells UN
- Gov't, UNDP hold investment forum at Africa Climate Week
- Ernest Chemists presents vehicle, computers to Adisadel College