The founder and leader of the Glorious Word Power Ministry International, Rev Owusu Bempah on Friday stormed the offices of Radio XYZ in Accra with armed men, threatening to kill one of the station’s presenters, Mugabe Maase.
Narrating what happened, lead producer for the station, Kofi Oppong Asamoah, told Joy News that at about 10 am, when their flagship programmes were airing, the receptionist came through with the self-styled man of God.
“He came with some bodyguards who were armed and they came into the foyer asking of Mugabe Maase, the host of an afternoon political show.
“We asked him why he was asking for Mr. Maase to which he replied that the radio presenter has made derogatory comments about him on the radio on Thursday,” he said.
According to him, Rev Bempah said the presenter had threatened he is going to sack him from the country so he is presenting himself for that action to be taken.
“He said emphatically that he is going to end the life of Mugabe Maase because the host cannot go about speaking untruth about him,” Mr Asamoah said.
The puzzled guests around at the time kept asking Rev Bempah what authority he has to threaten that he would ensure the station is closed down and killing the presenter.
Their questions threw the premises into chaos as Rev. Bempah’s heavily built bodyguards moved to manhandle the guests.
“Although one of the bodyguards tried to manhandle someone, he was restrained by other people around. No one was hurt and no property was vandalised,” Mr Asamoah recounted.
The management of Radio XYZ has, however, lodged a complaint with the East Legon Police Command.
In a statement after the incident, Radio XYZ has asked the security agencies to act to ensure the safety of Mugabe Maase and the station as a whole.
”We unreservedly condemn this dastardly act by Prophet Owusu Bempah and trust that the security agencies shall deal with the matter expeditiously,” management said.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Imported arms controversy: ‘Weapons pose security threat’ – Abotsi
- Climate change lessons included in new basic school curriculum
- We have employed 350,000 public sector workers - Veep
- 2 siblings washed away while playing in the rain
- Man charged with reckless driving wants to go to jail than home to wife
- Google launches one-stop shop for flights, hotels
- Baako wants CID boss changed
- 2 Suspected robbers killed in shoot-out with police at Kasoa
- NIA shuts down online portal for Ghana Card registration
- 5 years on; Rawlings, other NDC stalwarts remember PV Obeng
- Abuakwa South MCE urges youth to desist from using illicit drugs
- Who will be Ghana’s next possible IGP? Find out here
- Chinese man gets ten days in jail for giving his dogs “illegal” names
- Geddit Ghana announces winner of maiden promotion
- Zion College, Anloga celebrates 82nd speech and prize giving day