Pope John Seminary and Senior High lived up to expectation on Tuesday and recorded a resounding victory to book a qualification to the prelims of the National Science and Maths Quiz (NSMQ).
The Koforidua local champions scored 50 points, beating the closest competitor, Presby SHS in Mampong by 28 points.
Salvation Army SHS followed suit with 17 points. Klo-Agogo SHS and St. Fedelis trailed in the contest and finished with nine and two points each.
In a different contest, Asamankese SHS won with 31 points two points better than runners’ up, Boso SHTS.
St. Martins SHS followed closely with 24 points. The rest of the contestants failed to put up a fierce fight and ended up with single digit points only.
Presby SHTS, Larteh got 9 points, Anum Apapam Community SHS, salvaged 5 points and Presby SHTS, Aburi walking home with 4 points.
Saviour SHS picked the last slot for the day with 25 points. They usurped Oyoko Methodist SHS who led the contest for most rounds.
Oyoko Methodist was runners’ up finished with 20 points. Akroso SHTS and Oda SHS ended the contest with 11 and 8 points respectively.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Top lesser known Safari parks in Africa
- Okoe Boye at the end of the road over ‘hopeless’ Lekma stretch
- Rawlings’ dispatch rider shot, suffers broken arm
- Video of chief allegedly slaughtering human is false - Police
- Krachi West supports 50 PWDs with start-up kits
- Registrar dragged to Special Prosecutor for allegedly awarding himself ȼ2m contract
- That's My Opinion: The People vs Nana Ansah Kwao IV
- Obinim fights GRA over ȼ769,000 unpaid taxes
- Assemblies of God begins 7-day fast for three kidnapped girls
- High court rescinds bail granted Gregory Afoko
- NaCCA to introduce shortcode to control ‘unapproved’ textbooks
- GES implements new curriculum September
- Newspaper headlines: Monday, July 15, 2019
- ECG, PDS dispel rumours about looming dumsor
- Former boxing champion turned pastry chef creates amazing wedding cakes