Pope John Seminary and Senior High lived up to expectation on Tuesday and recorded a resounding victory to book a qualification to the prelims of the National Science and Maths Quiz (NSMQ).
The Koforidua local champions scored 50 points, beating the closest competitor, Presby SHS in Mampong by 28 points.
Salvation Army SHS followed suit with 17 points. Klo-Agogo SHS and St. Fedelis trailed in the contest and finished with nine and two points each.
In a different contest, Asamankese SHS won with 31 points two points better than runners’ up, Boso SHTS.
St. Martins SHS followed closely with 24 points. The rest of the contestants failed to put up a fierce fight and ended up with single digit points only.
Presby SHTS, Larteh got 9 points, Anum Apapam Community SHS, salvaged 5 points and Presby SHTS, Aburi walking home with 4 points.
Saviour SHS picked the last slot for the day with 25 points. They usurped Oyoko Methodist SHS who led the contest for most rounds.
Oyoko Methodist was runners’ up finished with 20 points. Akroso SHTS and Oda SHS ended the contest with 11 and 8 points respectively.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Imported arms controversy: ‘Weapons pose security threat’ – Abotsi
- Climate change lessons included in new basic school curriculum
- We have employed 350,000 public sector workers - Veep
- 2 siblings washed away while playing in the rain
- Man charged with reckless driving wants to go to jail than home to wife
- Google launches one-stop shop for flights, hotels
- Baako wants CID boss changed
- 2 Suspected robbers killed in shoot-out with police at Kasoa
- NIA shuts down online portal for Ghana Card registration
- 5 years on; Rawlings, other NDC stalwarts remember PV Obeng
- Abuakwa South MCE urges youth to desist from using illicit drugs
- Who will be Ghana’s next possible IGP? Find out here
- Chinese man gets ten days in jail for giving his dogs “illegal” names
- Geddit Ghana announces winner of maiden promotion
- Zion College, Anloga celebrates 82nd speech and prize giving day