For the third consecutive year, Akwatia-based St. Roses Senior High has been kicked out the National Science and Maths Quiz (NSMQ) at the regional qualifiers.
The all-girls school pushed the Tuesday’s contest into a tie-break in the final round after trailing throughout but they failed to finish it off.
H'mount Sinai SHS picked the question ahead of them and won with a tally of 27 to 24.
H'mount Sinai supporters were ecstatic after winning the contest
They would make the trip to University of Ghana in June for the Nationals ahead of the prestigious Roses.
St. Roses will now miss three consecutive tournaments after being eliminated at the prelims in June 2016.
Benkum SHS came second runners-up with 20 points, Yilo Krobo SHS followed with 15 points and Presby SHS, Begoro finished behind with 7 points.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Media, security personnel train in civil-military relations
- Accra International Book Festival hosts South African writer on ‘Catch Up!’
- Year of Return: African diaspora & the significance of their return
- Boy shot dead, scores injured as Odumase protest against PDS
- Twellium Industry donates towards Alajo mosque rehabilitation
- Military officers, security experts get Peace Operations training
- Gov't provides 21 mechanised boreholes to Ghana Prisons Service
- Major Mahama murder trial: Prosecution invites 10th witness
- Special Prosecutor Office becoming butt of a joke – Suhuyini
- Ex-convict remanded for alleged murder of grandmother, 72
- Convener of Press Freedom protest claims attack
- Ogilvy Ghana bags 6 prestigious African SABRE awards
- Newspaper headlines: Wednesday, May 22, 2019
- Millionaire put private plane on autopilot so he could have sex with 15-year-old girl
- Real-life filming locations from when 'Game of Thrones' was good