For the third consecutive year, Akwatia-based St. Roses Senior High has been kicked out the National Science and Maths Quiz (NSMQ) at the regional qualifiers.
The all-girls school pushed the Tuesday’s contest into a tie-break in the final round after trailing throughout but they failed to finish it off.
H'mount Sinai SHS picked the question ahead of them and won with a tally of 27 to 24.
H'mount Sinai supporters were ecstatic after winning the contest
They would make the trip to University of Ghana in June for the Nationals ahead of the prestigious Roses.
St. Roses will now miss three consecutive tournaments after being eliminated at the prelims in June 2016.
Benkum SHS came second runners-up with 20 points, Yilo Krobo SHS followed with 15 points and Presby SHS, Begoro finished behind with 7 points.
More News Headlines
- Cronyism, exceptionalism killing local financial institutions - Wereko-Brobby
- New monitoring, evaluation system rolled out for malaria control programme
- Communication Ministry responds to Myjoyonline report on 2017 expenses
- 2 PDS imposters arrested for forcefully disconnecting supply
- Journalists schooled on reporting on sensitive issues
- Ghana Grand conquers most difficult terrain
- Personality Profile: Prophet Kofi Oduro takes his turn
- Group calls for passage of Affirmative Action Bill
- We don’t oppose good education policies- Oppong Nkrumah
- Those who lost bank jobs have found new work- Deputy Employment Minister
- UNDP to use TICAD7 to advance sustainable development in Africa
- Former GJA president lauds Herbert Mensah, others for supporting journalism dev’t
- Hotel room rates in Accra ranked 2nd in Africa after Addis Ababa
- MTN Heroes of Change final slated for Friday
- MTN Heroes of Change 2019: Dr Benjamin Akinkang brings hope with free surgeries