Koforidua-based Ghana Senior High School, Adonten SHS, and Ofori Panin SHS have all qualified to the prelims of the National Science and Maths Quiz (NSMQ) after their respective victories, Thursday.
The qualifiers for the Eastern region have now rounded up, so if your school hasn’t qualified yet, better luck next year.
Ghanass picked the first of three slots on Thursday in an emphatic victory over Anum-based Presby Senior High and Adjena Senior High and Technical School.
With 37 points, the Koforidua-based school dominated the contest as runner up Presby SHS fell 16 points behind.
Adjena SHTS obtained a paltry 13 points but they beat Kwaobaah Nyanoa Community SHS and Akim Asafo SHS who didn’t appear to be part of the contest, scoring eight and six points respectively.
In the day’s second contest, Adonten SHS edged over Nkawkaw SHS with a score of 25 to 19 points.
New Nsutam SHTS fell 10 points behind the runners’ up to place last.
Ofori Panin SHS picked the last slot in the region with 38 points.
Kwahu Ridge SHTS scored 20 points, failing to return to the prelims for the second year running after they were eliminated in 2017 by Cape Coast giant, Mfantsipim School.
Apegusu SHS followed Kwahu Ridge with 18 points while Pentecost SHS trailed with 12 points.
Adukrom-based Presby SHTS obtained two points in the four-round contest.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- You can pay to cuddle cows at this New York farm
- Controversy-plagued UEW halts 2019 graduation
- Wa regional hospital boss sacked
- Name those you accuse – Dr. Akwetey tells 'undermined' Special Prosecutor
- Tiger fleeing floodwaters breaks into home, relaxes in bed
- Residents chase out police for bringing back alleged witches
- Video: Baako explains why police disobeyed court order on Afoko bail
- Lordina Mahama bags Master of Laws degree in UK
- Desperate pet owner offers his home to whoever finds his lost dog
- Ban on hunting , capturing of wild animals begins August 1
- Sandwinners destroying water source for Asutsuare residents
- Methodist Church Ghana won't support same-sex marriage
- Gov't to establish permanent body to protect, ensure media freedom
- Advocacy group applauds NaCCA boss
- Germany, Norway support KAIPTC’s maiden Kofi Annan Peace and Security Forum