The police administration will in the coming days deploy officers to the six newly created regions.
Addressing a training programme to commission the officer, the Inspector General of Police, David Asante Apeatu said this decision comes after a thorough security assessment of the affected areas by the police with the help of other security agencies.
The IGP revealed new regional commanders have been selected already to help strengthen the security in the areas especially with the arrival of government appointees in the region.
“Establishing new regional police requires extra energy and some organisational developments skills. The new regional commanders have been selected after due diligence the police administration have no doubt that they will meet our expectation,” he stated.
IGP Apeatu added the creation of the region has increased the efforts of the police to bring their services to the doorstep of the people.
He explained it has helped them further decentralize their services.
Meanwhile the Head of Local Government Service, Dr. Nana Ato Arthur is urging internal auditors and other civil servants to brace themselves up for massive transfers to the new regions.
“Regional Co-ordinating councils need to be in place and equipped with key staffs like auditors, human resources, directors of agriculture,” he stated.
He stated the new region will need experienced civil servants to handle the needed issues before new staffs are recruited.
According to Dr. Arthur, 2200 staffs will be recruited and new staffs will join the experienced once in the region.
“Because we need staff to go to these six new regions some of the old ones will be transferred before we can recruit freshers,” he added.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Imported arms controversy: ‘Weapons pose security threat’ – Abotsi
- Climate change lessons included in new basic school curriculum
- We have employed 350,000 public sector workers - Veep
- 2 siblings washed away while playing in the rain
- Man charged with reckless driving wants to go to jail than home to wife
- Google launches one-stop shop for flights, hotels
- Baako wants CID boss changed
- 2 Suspected robbers killed in shoot-out with police at Kasoa
- NIA shuts down online portal for Ghana Card registration
- 5 years on; Rawlings, other NDC stalwarts remember PV Obeng
- Abuakwa South MCE urges youth to desist from using illicit drugs
- Who will be Ghana’s next possible IGP? Find out here
- Chinese man gets ten days in jail for giving his dogs “illegal” names
- Geddit Ghana announces winner of maiden promotion
- Zion College, Anloga celebrates 82nd speech and prize giving day