The Ghana Institution of Engineering (GhIE) on Thursday, March 21, inducted 172 new Engineers at its 22nd Induction ceremony held at the Engineers Centre, Roman Ridge, Accra.
Swearing in the Inductees, the President of GhIE, Ing. Steve A. Amoaning-Yankson, in a message, read on his behalf by the Vice-President of GhIE, Ing. Theophilus Nii Okai, admonished the new Engineers to avoid adopting a get-rich-quick attitude.
He also cautioned the new Engineers to be watchful of their character ethics since it forms the foundation that moulds the Engineer to be successful in his or her practice.
The Executive Director of GhIE, Ing. Kwabena Agyei Agyapong, reminded the new Engineers to abide by the mission statement of GhIE to develop, promote and sustain sound and competent Engineering practice in Ghana comparable to global standards.
He called on all Engineers, especially, the newly inducted Engineers to actively take part in the upcoming 49th GhIE Annual Conference slated for Volta Hotel, Akosombo from Wednesday, March 27 to Saturday, March 30, 2019.
Advising the newly inducted Engineers, the Immediate Past President of GhIE, Ing. Mrs Carlien Bou-Chedid said, “This Certification you are given is not without condition. You must continue to maintain and update your knowledge, experience and character throughout your working life. Thus, in the yearly renewal of your certification, you will be required to show that you have undertaken activities that have contributed to your Continued Professional Development”.
The Chairman of the Membership Committee of GhIE, Ing. Kwabena Bempong explained that the 172 newly Inducted Engineers comprised 66 Electrical/Electronic Engineers; 46 Civil Engineers; 35 Mechanical/Agric/Marine Engineers and 25 Chemical/Mining Engineers.
Special Awards were given to deserving Inductees who distinguished themselves and came tops in their respective divisions.
Ing. Abraham Osei Badu received the award as the best in the Chemical/Mining division; Ing. James Frempong Agyekum received the award for the Civil Technical division; Ing. Franklin Yaw Sakyi got the award for the Electrical/Electronic Technical division; whilst Ing. Jacob Emmanuel Mandus Mensah received the award as the best in the Mechanical/Agric/Marine division.
The 22nd Induction ceremony was attended by Council members of GhIE, the President-Elect of GhIE, Ing. Leslie Ayeh, Past Presidents of GhIE, Chairpersons of the various technical divisions of GhIE, family members and friends of the newly Inducted Engineers.
Ing. Theophilus Nii Okai (Vice-President of GhIE), leading the Inductees to swear the oath of their profession.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Manhunt for chief who allegedly kidnapped another chief
- CID exonerates Bissue in Anas exposé
- Newspaper headlines: Monday, July 22, 2019
- IGP, CID boss face court today over Afoko bail brouhaha
- T'di residents laud introduction of cylinder re-circulation model
- New technique promises to ease teaching, learning of mathematics
- Education Ministry clarifies position on reposting SHS teachers with distance degrees
- U.S. weather service bakes biscuits in hot car
- 5 African countries that promise the best honeymoon money can buy
- LEKMA road finally gets new contractor
- Deeper Life tackles immorality with campus congress
- Report wives who wear jeans to bed - DOVVSU
- You can pay to cuddle cows at this New York farm
- Controversy-plagued UEW halts 2019 graduation
- Wa regional hospital boss sacked