A suspected armed robber who is believed to have spiritually disappeared from the Kumasi Central Prisons says he has no spiritual charms.
Adbul Razak told a Kumasi High Court his escape was rather aided by some police and prison officers.
Abdul Razak, one of five people charged with conspiracy to commit robbery and robbery, escaped from the Kumasi Central Prisons on November 2, 2018 without any sign of jail break.
Prison Officers reportedly said he vanished from the prison walls.
But in a dramatic day in court Tuesday, Abdul Razak who was re-arrested in the Northern region, told Justice Francis Obiri, a High Court Judge, his escape was aided by some police and prison officers.
The court has since ordered the Regional Police Command to produce Sgt. Kofi Fofie and Sgt. Agbenor Mathias.
It has also ordered the Regional Prisons Command to produce before the court, prison officers registered with surnames; Ofori or Asamoah on April 2.
Rufai Bashiru, Abdellah Mohammed, aka Survival, one Alhaji (at large), Abdul Razak, aka Ahmed and Sulemana Abdul Moomin are standing trial for conspiracy to commit robbery and robbery.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- March to decriminalise marijuana gets EFL support
- Zongo chief takes on UEW Vice Chancellor over discord at university
- Over 98% of ABFA cash pumped into free SHS in 2018 – Report
- Why you will pay 18.1% more for water
- Multimedia Group's Richard Kwadwo Nyarko selected as Africa fact-checking fellow
- Newspaper headlines: Tuesday, June 25, 2019
- Aggressive seagulls keep couple hostage in their own home for six days
- Video: Meet Sarafina, the 16-year-old anti-child marriage campaigner
- Paris planning flying taxis by 2024
- NSMQ2019 one-eighth stage: Day 1 thrills as KSTS, Porters are sent packing
- Special Feature on 1V1D: Complaints by communities gov’t should not ignore
- Archbishop Porter Girls bundled out of NSMQ2019
- Anas exposes ‘pastor’ allegedly forcing orphan to eat own poop
- Hotline Documentary: Killing our roses (III) – The Aftermath
- NSMQ2019: Presec restores contest to factory setting after R1 loss