Chemu Senior High School have defeated highly-fancied Presec Legon in the maiden Greater Accra Regional Championship of the National Science and Maths Quiz.
The Tema-based school won the contest after usurping a Round one lead from Presec.
Chemu SHS’s best run in the national competition has been an appearance at the Grand Finale in 2001.
After slaying giants and five-time winners Presec, they should be hopeful of a spectacular campaign come June when the national championship.
Thursday’s competition ended with Chemu winning with a tally of 51 points. Presec trailed them with 36 points while Ghanata SHS finished with 20 points.
St. Margaret Mary SHS finished last with 14 points.
Presec, the only school to have won the competition five times would be worried about their prospects.
In 2018, they were eliminated at the quarterfinal by Cape Coast-based Mfantsipim School.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Imported arms controversy: ‘Weapons pose security threat’ – Abotsi
- Climate change lessons included in new basic school curriculum
- We have employed 350,000 public sector workers - Veep
- 2 siblings washed away while playing in the rain
- Man charged with reckless driving wants to go to jail than home to wife
- Google launches one-stop shop for flights, hotels
- Baako wants CID boss changed
- 2 Suspected robbers killed in shoot-out with police at Kasoa
- NIA shuts down online portal for Ghana Card registration
- 5 years on; Rawlings, other NDC stalwarts remember PV Obeng
- Abuakwa South MCE urges youth to desist from using illicit drugs
- Who will be Ghana’s next possible IGP? Find out here
- Chinese man gets ten days in jail for giving his dogs “illegal” names
- Geddit Ghana announces winner of maiden promotion
- Zion College, Anloga celebrates 82nd speech and prize giving day