Chemu Senior High School have defeated highly-fancied Presec Legon in the maiden Greater Accra Regional Championship of the National Science and Maths Quiz.
The Tema-based school won the contest after usurping a Round one lead from Presec.
— NSMQ Ghana (@NSMQGhana) 28 March 2019
Chemu SHS’s best run in the national competition has been an appearance at the Grand Finale in 2001.
After slaying giants and five-time winners Presec, they should be hopeful of a spectacular campaign come June when the national championship.
Thursday’s competition ended with Chemu winning with a tally of 51 points. Presec trailed them with 36 points while Ghanata SHS finished with 20 points.
St. Margaret Mary SHS finished last with 14 points.
Presec, the only school to have won the competition five times would be worried about their prospects.
In 2018, they were eliminated at the quarterfinal by Cape Coast-based Mfantsipim School.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Top lesser known Safari parks in Africa
- Okoe Boye at the end of the road over ‘hopeless’ Lekma stretch
- Rawlings’ dispatch rider shot, suffers broken arm
- Video of chief allegedly slaughtering human is false - Police
- Krachi West supports 50 PWDs with start-up kits
- Registrar dragged to Special Prosecutor for allegedly awarding himself ȼ2m contract
- That's My Opinion: The People vs Nana Ansah Kwao IV
- Obinim fights GRA over ȼ769,000 unpaid taxes
- Assemblies of God begins 7-day fast for three kidnapped girls
- High court rescinds bail granted Gregory Afoko
- NaCCA to introduce shortcode to control ‘unapproved’ textbooks
- GES implements new curriculum September
- Newspaper headlines: Monday, July 15, 2019
- ECG, PDS dispel rumours about looming dumsor
- Former boxing champion turned pastry chef creates amazing wedding cakes