Ghana Center for Democratic Development (CDD) has announced the appointment of Clara Kasser-Tee to its Board of Directors, effective January 1.
Ms Kasser-Tee brings to the CDD Board a wealth of insight drawn from her diverse experiences as an academic, a consultant, a private legal practitioner, an engaged citizen, and a frequent guest on various national current affairs media programmes.
A lecturer at GIMPA Law School, where she chairs the GIMPA Faculty of Law Seminar Series, Ms. Kasser-Tee is also Head of Chambers at Kasser Law Firm.
Prior to branching off to start her own law firm, Ms Kasser-Tee was, at different times, an associate with Bentsi-Enchill, Letsa and Ankomah and Oxford and Beaumont Solicitors and also a Lecturer in Business Law at the University of Professional Studies.
She was called to the bar in 2009 and obtained a Masters of Laws degree in Alternative Dispute Resolution from the University of Ghana in 2015. Ms Kasser-Tee has several publications to her name, principally on legal issues.
A tax law expert, she is credited with developing a concept to improve tax collection in Ghana, using existing facilities such as the courts. Ms. Kasser-Tee joins the CDD board as one of its (majority) non-executive directors.
CDD’s board is chaired by Ghanaian private investor and avid art collector Seth Dei, with Professor Audrey Gadzekpo as its vice chair.
Other directors include Justice (Rtd) Theresa Striggner-Scott, Kweku A. Awotwi, Sadia Chinery-Hesse, Henry D.K. Baye, Dr. Baffour Agyeman-Duah, Professor Gyimah-Boadi and William Yeboah.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- A boy’s wish fulfilled as 9-yr-old Jeremiah Arthur walks again
- From the newsstands: Thursday, March 21, 2019
- Police to deploy body cams in May
- It’s in Africa’s interest to fight climate change – Akufo-Addo calls for unified front
- Africa Climate Week signals continent's huge investment opportunity
- Chereponi SHS students demand police clearance to go home over conflict
- Russian city hosts painful face-slapping championship
- These are the happiest countries in 2019; Ghana improves on global rankings
- Kasapreko donates fire station worth GH¢400,000 to GNFS
- NSMQ: Two Presby schools progress as Akwamuman stops Abetifi Presby
- Assault on journalists: 3 police officers suspended
- Era of ‘missing dockets’ over as Akufo-Addo launches e-Justice project
- Experience Flight #7 made of recycled material, scraps from different aircrafts
- WiSTEM GH, GH Scientific organise girls STEM camp
- Joy FM Ghana Month: Can you read in your local language? Watch 4 students