Ghana Center for Democratic Development (CDD) has announced the appointment of Clara Kasser-Tee to its Board of Directors, effective January 1.
Ms Kasser-Tee brings to the CDD Board a wealth of insight drawn from her diverse experiences as an academic, a consultant, a private legal practitioner, an engaged citizen, and a frequent guest on various national current affairs media programmes.
A lecturer at GIMPA Law School, where she chairs the GIMPA Faculty of Law Seminar Series, Ms. Kasser-Tee is also Head of Chambers at Kasser Law Firm.
Prior to branching off to start her own law firm, Ms Kasser-Tee was, at different times, an associate with Bentsi-Enchill, Letsa and Ankomah and Oxford and Beaumont Solicitors and also a Lecturer in Business Law at the University of Professional Studies.
She was called to the bar in 2009 and obtained a Masters of Laws degree in Alternative Dispute Resolution from the University of Ghana in 2015. Ms Kasser-Tee has several publications to her name, principally on legal issues.
A tax law expert, she is credited with developing a concept to improve tax collection in Ghana, using existing facilities such as the courts. Ms. Kasser-Tee joins the CDD board as one of its (majority) non-executive directors.
CDD’s board is chaired by Ghanaian private investor and avid art collector Seth Dei, with Professor Audrey Gadzekpo as its vice chair.
Other directors include Justice (Rtd) Theresa Striggner-Scott, Kweku A. Awotwi, Sadia Chinery-Hesse, Henry D.K. Baye, Dr. Baffour Agyeman-Duah, Professor Gyimah-Boadi and William Yeboah.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Imported arms controversy: ‘Weapons pose security threat’ – Abotsi
- Climate change lessons included in new basic school curriculum
- We have employed 350,000 public sector workers - Veep
- 2 siblings washed away while playing in the rain
- Man charged with reckless driving wants to go to jail than home to wife
- Google launches one-stop shop for flights, hotels
- Baako wants CID boss changed
- 2 Suspected robbers killed in shoot-out with police at Kasoa
- NIA shuts down online portal for Ghana Card registration
- 5 years on; Rawlings, other NDC stalwarts remember PV Obeng
- Abuakwa South MCE urges youth to desist from using illicit drugs
- Who will be Ghana’s next possible IGP? Find out here
- Chinese man gets ten days in jail for giving his dogs “illegal” names
- Geddit Ghana announces winner of maiden promotion
- Zion College, Anloga celebrates 82nd speech and prize giving day