Swedru Senior High has joined the likes of Apam SHS, Edinaman SHS and St. Augustine’s College to qualify from the Central region for the 2019 National Science and Maths Quiz.
They towered over all their opponents in the last contest for Thursday, held in the Central regional capital, Cape Coast.
End of Contest
Swedru SHS: 39pts
Hope College: 21pts
Mozano SHS: 20pts
Mankessim SHTS: 18pts
Nyakrom SHTS: 12pts
Congrats Swedru SHS!!!
...and it's a wrap for the day! Join us tomorrow for the remaining contests. #NSMQ2019Regionals #NSMQ2019— NSMQ Ghana (@NSMQGhana) 7 March 2019
The Swedru-based school wrote their names in the history books in 2018 after they bundled out Cape Coast giants and one time winners, St. Augustine’s College from the competition.
They also placed second ahead of Eastern regional giants Pope John’s Senior High and Minor Seminary.
That caused Cape Coast-based Ghana National to tread cautiously when they faced them at the one-eighth stage but SWESCO fell by a 14 point margin despite scoring an impressive 43 points.
That doesn’t matter now as their 39 points have shot them to a consecutive appearance on the stages of University of Ghana.
Come, June they can only hope to have a better run than last year.
At the end of the contest, Hope College placed second with 21 points, Mozano SHS followed with 20 points, Mankessim SHTS was fourth with 18 points and Nyakrom SHTS placed last with 12 points.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Avoke storms UEW to reinstate self as Vice-Chancellor
- 20 SHSs in Ashanti, Bono complete STEM camp in Kumasi
- 2 High Schools in U/E to remain closed for 2 weeks
- UEW VC sued by lecturer who wants Avoke back
- StanChart, Prudential Life launch savings and educational product
- Police arrest 3 with human parts
- KNUST student from less endowed SHS becomes valedictorian
- Investment in data collection important to surviving water disasters – Weather expert
- Photos: Section of Okponglo road caves in
- Kissi Agyebeng replaces Date-Bah at Electronic Communications Tribunal
- 2 traders in critical condition after gunmen lay siege to highway
- Smart learning and national experience centre project to be introduced in Ghana
- Newspaper headlines : Tuesday, July 23, 2019
- SMT Ghana launches Volvo Truck traffic safety campaign
- Voltic launches plastic buy-back project at La