Herbalife Ghana has joined pupils of SOS Herman Gmeiner School and other neighbouring schools within the Tema metropolis in commemorating Ghana’s 62nd Independence Day anniversary.
Country Director of Herbalife Ghana has impressed upon the school children to develop a sense of patriotism so as to be capable of shaping the future of the country.
He was speaking on the need to inculcate the character of patriotism, under the theme, ‘Exemplary leadership, a tool for positive transformation,’ at a Pre-independence March-past organised by SOS.
Clarence Amenyah, special guest for the event and Country Director of Herbalife Ghana said, “Herbalife Nutrition, is pleased to be celebrating with school children in Tema. We have been with the children of SOS Herman Gmeiner during the celebration of our Global Month of purpose.
He added that “By our actions throughout this period, we desire to nurture the spirit of volunteerism and patriotism and we are happy to wrap up our activities with a goodwill message on patriotism as part of our Global Month of Purpose which coincides with Ghana’s Independence Day.”
“Patriotism occurs in the simplest acts of our everyday lives. Children should learn to have love and devotion towards Ghana, protect the interest of the country, obey our laws, keep public property in good condition so everyone can benefit.
This is the best age to imbibe patriotism so children can naturally and easily demonstrate the values of patriotism when in various leadership positions,” Mr. Amenyah said.
The Herbalife boss together with the Director of Education in Tema and guest of honour for the occasion, Margaret Nsiah-Asamoah and heads of schools inspected a guard of honour mounted by the school children.
Schools present for the parade were the host school, SOS Herman Gmeiner School, Tema Parents Association School, Bethel Methodist School, St. Mary’s International School and Tema Regular School while the SOS and Methodist bands supported the occasion with music.
The Director of Education also advised the children to see themselves as leaders even at their young age.
In the last two years, Herbalife Nutrition Foundation has been in partnership with SOS by supporting children from less privileged backgrounds through mentoring and leading them in life skills as part of their Global Month of Purpose celebrated in February every year.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Lordina Mahama bags Master of Laws degree in UK
- Desperate pet owner offers his home to whoever finds his lost dog
- Ban on hunting , capturing of wild animals begins August 1
- Sandwinners destroying water source for Asutsuare residents
- Methodist Church Ghana won't support same-sex marriage
- Gov't to establish permanent body to protect, ensure media freedom
- Advocacy group applauds NaCCA boss
- Germany, Norway support KAIPTC’s maiden Kofi Annan Peace and Security Forum
- Gov't reiterates commitment to protecting journalists
- Left to rot: $2m Hyundai Gallopers sold for $276k
- Anti-GMO groups to call foreign witnesses in GMO court case
- Adjaye refutes architects’ allegation - Says firm is doing legitimate business
- Newspaper headlines : Friday, July 19, 2019
- Teachers urged to encourage students to excel
- Police open investigation into fatal Akrokerri mine pit collapse