As the world marks International Women’s Day (IWD) on Friday, March 8, Samspop, the blog for the post-modern African women, will be hosting its first event for women at the Stanbic Heights Luxury Living Tea Room, Airport City, Accra.
The theme for IWD globally is ‘Balance for Better’ and discussions at the Sampop event will be focused on looking at a more gender balanced world.
The panellists include consultant psychotherapist Patience Osekre, Eunice Tornyi Music President of ICGC, The Royal Temple and Tucci Ivowi, who is the Deputy CEO of Ghana Commodity Exchange moderated by Lady Sam.
These dynamic set of women panellists have each had to fight against resistance and negative stereotypes in order to achieve their status.
This event is guaranteed to be fun and fruitful as Samspop will bring together a diverse set of women who have been exclusively invited to come up with practical ways to make women be more part of the conversation at large.
Awake purified drinking water and Carnival Strawberry have partnered the program. CapeMay properties, who unveiled their affordable yet modern signature apartments, late last year have offered to come on board to partner with this event.
Ahead of the event day, Eunice Adjei, director of CSDs and water, Kasapreko Company limited is excited about the initiative which is aimed at supporting Ghanaian women to better manage their affairs.
She said, “Ghanaian women are truly gifted, bold, strong and resilient and Kasapreko being a truly Ghanaian brand is proud to associate with initiatives that will empower the people of Ghana”.
Eunice Adjei who is also the managing director of Cape May further encouraged Ghanaians especially women to patronize the event as the knowledge gained will definitely transform their approach to issues in the future.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Driver, mate in police officer assault charged
- Council statement on recent disturbances on UEW Campuses in Winneba
- Humanitarian crisis as violence ravages Chereponi, again
- YRE Ghana walks to demand climate change action
- Mum mortified after x-rated video for husband is shared with 2,000 Facebook pals
- Police investigating themselves violates natural justice - CHRI
- Truck veers off Tema motorway into commuters and kills one
- MP backs calls for resignation of UEW Vice Chancellor
- GIMPA School of Technology; partners mentor young girls
- Today's front pages, March 18, 2019
- Growing police-civilian mistrust threat to public tranquillity - BPS
- 1,500 smuggled turtles found alive in abandoned luggage
- God will judge you if you don’t cook well for kids – School feeding caterers told
- Armed Forces get multipurpose hall in Kumasi
- Ghana on track to achieving equity – Cynthia Morrison tells UN