Government will foster closer collaboration with stakeholders in the mining industry to ensure that all resources available to Ghana are efficiently utilised for the benefit of the present and future generations.
Lands and Natural Resources Minister Kwaku Asomah-Cheremeh said concerns about the limited development of the African continent especially in countries dependent on mineral resources made African heads of state and governments adopt the African Mining Vision (AMV) as the continent’s blueprint for mineral-led development.
Hon. Asomah Cheremeh stated this at the International Mining Ministers Summit held on the sidelines of the Prospectors and Developers Association of Canada mining Conference (PDAC) underway in Toronto-Canada.
The AMV is seeking to integrate Africa's mineral sector into the Continent social and economic development process through creating a diversified and globally competitive African mineral industry which contributes to broad economic and social growth.
The Mining Ministers at the Summit theme" Diversify to create Sustainable Development in Mining Communities".
Mining Ministers from Ghana, Canada, Chile, Morocco, Ethopia South Africa among others are hopeful that the outcome of the Summit among others will help the Decision makers to facilitate and coordinate the contribution of other Stakeholders for the improvement of mining communities across the World.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Multimedia Group's Kwetey Nartey selected as 2019 Mandela Washington Fellow
- Church bans 'backpacks' over recent terror threat
- Imported arms controversy: ‘Weapons pose security threat’ – Abotsi
- Climate change lessons included in new basic school curriculum
- We have employed 350,000 public sector workers - Veep
- 2 siblings washed away while playing in the rain
- Man charged with reckless driving wants to go to jail than home to wife
- Google launches one-stop shop for flights, hotels
- Baako wants CID boss changed
- 2 Suspected robbers killed in shoot-out with police at Kasoa
- NIA shuts down online portal for Ghana Card registration
- 5 years on; Rawlings, other NDC stalwarts remember PV Obeng
- Abuakwa South MCE urges youth to desist from using illicit drugs
- Who will be Ghana’s next possible IGP? Find out here
- Chinese man gets ten days in jail for giving his dogs “illegal” names