The Agric Ministry in collaboration with the Lands Ministry has demolished over 100 structures belonging to encroachers occupying government lands at Danfa, Accra.
The unauthorised structures which were at various stages of completion were demolished under the supervision of the Greater Accra Police Command, led by Director of Operation, Kwasi Ofori.
According to the Press Secretary to the Agric Minister, Issah Alhassan, the exercise has become necessary after several failed attempts to get the illegal occupants to vacate the lands.
He added that the lands were acquired for dairy farming but the activities of the encroachers’ poses a danger to both farmers and the cattle.
“To safeguard the management of this dairy farm and the animals, we have thought it wise to demolish these structures and pave way for the smooth operation of work,” he told Joy News.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Kumasi: Over 200 residents displaced following drainage diversion
- VISMA Foundation donates to Christ Faith Foster Home
- A walk to Europe: Lack of opportunities driving Ghanaians to death: BBC’s Joel Gunter
- Rawlings congratulates Methodist Girls robotics team
- Newspaper headlines: Thursday, May 23, 2019
- Krobo-Odumase: Police beef up security following violent anti-PDS protest
- Achimota primary school denies student kidnapping claim
- Couple leave newborn baby in taxi on way home from hospital
- 10 ultimate travel experiences in Africa
- Media, security personnel train in civil-military relations
- Accra International Book Festival hosts South African writer on ‘Catch Up!’
- Year of Return: African diaspora & the significance of their return
- Boy shot dead, scores injured as Odumase protest against PDS
- Twellium Industry donates towards Alajo mosque rehabilitation
- Military officers, security experts get Peace Operations training