Vice President Dr Mahamudu Bawumia has hailed mothers for their immense and priceless contribution to nation building.
Describing mothers as “special and amazing,” the Vice President touted the role being played by them as one of the pillars in which society depends on to survive.
“Mothers continue to be strong foundations in the development of our societies and country,” Dr Bawumia said in a brief Facebook post to celebrate mothers on Mother’s Day.
He said children are indebted to their mothers for their sacrifices, selfless love and support from childbirth to adulthood.
Dr Bawumia used the occasion to salute mothers who have occupied high positions but still devoted their time and energy in seeing to the wellbeing of their families.
Mariama Mahama is the Vice President’s mother
“Mothers by giving birth to us, nurturing, sacrificing and caring for us are truly amazing and special.
“I wish a Happy Mother's Day to my mother, Hajia Mariama Bawumia; my wife Samira Bawumia; the First Lady, Mrs. Rebecca Akufo-Addo; former first ladies Mrs. Fulera Limann, Mrs. Konadu Agyeman Rawlings, Mrs. Theresa Kufuor, Mrs. Naadu Mills, and Mrs. Lordina Mahama; former Second Ladies Hajia Ramatu Mahama, Mrs. Matilda Amissah-Arthur; and all mothers in Ghana,” he stated in the post.
“May God bless and protect all our selfless mothers,” Dr Bawumia concluded.
Mother's Day is set aside to celebrate and honour the mother of the family, as well as motherhood, maternal bonds, and the influence of mothers in society.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- 43-year-old mechanic jailed 5 years for beating up police officers
- Photo of the Week: When 'abnormal' indecent exposure becomes 'normal'
- KAIPTC to host flagship peace, security forum to honour late Kofi Annan
- Video: Presec students create App to track exeats
- Public Procurement Authority receives top award in Berlin
- L’AINE Services ends career clinic in Tamale
- Court to hear stay of proceedings motion filed by Dr Opuni
- Mahama murder trial: Court orders BNI to give suspect more time with lawyer
- Failed nurse jailed 22 months for faking documents
- The LEKMA road that kills people seeking medical care
- Bad roads: It's leadership's responsibility to FixLekmaNow - Residents
- #FixLekmaNow: JoyNews, JoyFM storm LEKMA community
- Exploding gas cylinder kills one Chinese, 2 others in critical condition
- Ireland’s most prolific petty criminal racks up conviction number 648
- Newspaper headlines : Thursday, July 18, 2019