The President, Nana Akufo-Addo has joined the world to celebrate mother’s as the World marks Mother’s Day.
In a Facebook post Sunday, he wished all Ghanaian women a Happy Mother’s Day.
“Happy Mother’s Day to my lady Rebecca, to my daughters and all Ghanaian women,” he said.
The second Sunday of May is set aside across the world to honour and celebrate mothers with Mother’s Day.
Mother’s Day is a celebration of mothers of the family, as well as motherhood, maternal bonds and the influence of mothers in society.
In a related development, the Rebecca Foundation, a non-government organisation led by the First Lady, Rebecca Akufo-Addo, has also wished all mother’s a Happy Mother’s Day.
In a post, the First Lady extol the virtues of women as they continue to be the backbone of society.
According to her, biology is not the only thing that identifies a woman as a mother.
“Being a mother means being there, ever-present support and requires sacrifice. On this occasion, I wish all mothers a happy Mother’s Day,” Mrs Akufo-Addo said.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Kumasi: Over 200 residents displaced following drainage diversion
- VISMA Foundation donates to Christ Faith Foster Home
- A walk to Europe: Lack of opportunities driving Ghanaians to death: BBC’s Joel Gunter
- Rawlings congratulates Methodist Girls robotics team
- Newspaper headlines: Thursday, May 23, 2019
- Krobo-Odumase: Police beef up security following violent anti-PDS protest
- Achimota primary school denies student kidnapping claim
- Couple leave newborn baby in taxi on way home from hospital
- 10 ultimate travel experiences in Africa
- Media, security personnel train in civil-military relations
- Accra International Book Festival hosts South African writer on ‘Catch Up!’
- Year of Return: African diaspora & the significance of their return
- Boy shot dead, scores injured as Odumase protest against PDS
- Twellium Industry donates towards Alajo mosque rehabilitation
- Military officers, security experts get Peace Operations training