The President, Nana Akufo-Addo has joined the world to celebrate mother’s as the World marks Mother’s Day.
In a Facebook post Sunday, he wished all Ghanaian women a Happy Mother’s Day.
“Happy Mother’s Day to my lady Rebecca, to my daughters and all Ghanaian women,” he said.
The second Sunday of May is set aside across the world to honour and celebrate mothers with Mother’s Day.
Mother’s Day is a celebration of mothers of the family, as well as motherhood, maternal bonds and the influence of mothers in society.
In a related development, the Rebecca Foundation, a non-government organisation led by the First Lady, Rebecca Akufo-Addo, has also wished all mother’s a Happy Mother’s Day.
In a post, the First Lady extol the virtues of women as they continue to be the backbone of society.
According to her, biology is not the only thing that identifies a woman as a mother.
“Being a mother means being there, ever-present support and requires sacrifice. On this occasion, I wish all mothers a happy Mother’s Day,” Mrs Akufo-Addo said.
More News Headlines
- Commonwealth begins inaugural speaker series in Accra
- I do not seek political office – Nana Appiah Mensah
- Unfreeze our accounts – Embattled Menzgold boss begs
- Full speech: NAM 1 breaks silence after 9 months detention in Dubai, Ghana
- SHS students challenge Parliament's Education C’ttee Chair over 'free textbook' claim
- Live update: Menzgold CEO speaks to client crisis
- Today at the newsstands
- Porous borders: Customs officials on high alert over suspected Ivorian rebels
- Asamponhene's killing: Close confidant arrested
- Corruption is toxic and prevailing in every sector -Anglican Bishop
- Missing Ta'adi girl’s family hold prayers to mark first anniversary
- Driver, mate jailed 17-years for robbery
- Police suspect contract killing in Otumfuo's Asamponhene murder
- Man with old TV set mask leaving old TV sets on people’s porches
- The top cities overrun by tourists