Residents of Pankrono Estate in Kumasi say they are under what they describe as self-imposed curfew due to persisted robbery attack.
They say since March when a 52-year old man, James Mensah, also known as Efo, was stabbed to death by armed men, the area has known no peace
Arsonists are suspected to have burnt this container shop
A metal container shop which also serves as residence for late Mensah’s family got burnt in suspected arson less than 48-hours to his burial.
The incident was followed a day later with the snatching a resident’s car at gun-point.
Bereaved relatives believe they are acts to scare them from pursuing justice after two suspects were arrested in connection with man’s death
James Mensah, also known as Efo was killed in March, 2019 by armed robbers
The gruesome killing of James Mensah who will be buried on Saturday prompted temporary police presence in the area.
This Mobile Money Operator lost GH2,000 to a fraudster believed to be a member of a robbery gang in the community.
Terrified residents have been sharing chilly accounts of how they have come under constant siege.
" One cannot stay out after 7 p.m. My son was attacked at Afua Kobi Junction just last Monday. The robbers were angered because they got nothing from him so they hit him with a stone. We are helpless. It will take authorities save us ," a woman told me.
Residents say they are forced into their rooms at 7 p.m. for safety, as motor-bike riding youth are constantly running the streets.
" We have imposed curfew on ourselves because of the robbers. For some time now, we cannot attend church services in the evening . If you are not home before 7 p.m, you may have to seek refuge elsewhere; you cannot come home," a resident told Nhyira FM
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Akufo-Addo administration has worse press freedom record – Tarzan fires
- Israel Embassy launches competition to promote green innovation
- Media houses join hands in #DefendMediaFreedom campaign
- Immediate past IGP not free of contempt charges – Srem-Sai
- Efforts to end water scarcity must be science-driven – Expert
- That’s My Opinion: ’Good citizens are not born’
- Video: Adenta-Madina residents refuse to use highway footbridge
- Medical report declaring MP murder suspect sane for trial challenged
- Afoko contempt case: IGP, CID boss fail to show up on judgement day again
- Akufo-Addo directs IGP Apeatu to hand over to deputy
- World Population Day: Support, empower adolescents in fight against teenage pregnancies
- Danger! LPG cylinders' safety compromised
- CID investigation in Bissue’s case ‘unhelpful distraction’ - Tiger Eye
- Probe Suale’s death - US Embassy