The Mfantsipim Old Boys Association (2011) Year Group has elected and inducted into office its first set of executives to steer the affairs of the Group for the next two years.
Headed by a management consultant, Samuel K. Sarkodie Kampeligi as President, the Executive Committee swore the oath of office and pledged allegiance to the MOBA code in line with MOBA traditions.
The rest are Vice-President, Precious Eshun Baidoo, a Procurement Executive, General Secretary, Benjamin Alpha Aidoo who is a Communications Professional; Kwesi Gyasi Otoo, Content Marketing Specialist as Organizing Secretary and Barrie Mensah, a Business Developer and Entrepreneur as Financial Secretary.
Two former head boys of the Year Group, Kodjo Quaye, a Mechanical Engineer and Emmanuel Mannoh, a Biomedical Engineer are ex-officio members to the Executive Committee.
The MOBA is the fraternity of old students of Ghana’s first second-cycle institution, Mfantsipim School. The Association’s primary aim is to promote the welfare of old students and mobilising support for the development of the school.
At a brief ceremony at the MOBA Secretariat over the weekend, MOBA President, Captain Paul Forjoe inducted the new Executives.
He charged them to work to consolidate the gains of the Association and promote the legacy and traditions of the School.
President of the Group, Mr Sarkodie Kampeligi, in a brief address urged his colleagues to bring their expertise and energy on board to make the Year Group a formidable force.
He believes with that zeal they can work to promote the welfare of members and supporting the cause of Mfantsipim School.
Mr Sarkodie further urged unity within the MOBA ranks touting it as the only way for progress.
The Executives of the 2011 Year Group will be responsible for mobilizing support from the members of the batch and partner other Year Groups to sponsor the 145th Anniversary and Speech and Prize Giving Day in 2021.
In a related development, new executives for the 2002 Year Group were also sworn in and admonished to work to contribute their bid to the cause of the School.
More News Headlines
- Commonwealth begins inaugural speaker series in Accra
- I do not seek political office – Nana Appiah Mensah
- Unfreeze our accounts – Embattled Menzgold boss begs
- Full speech: NAM 1 breaks silence after 9 months detention in Dubai, Ghana
- SHS students challenge Parliament's Education C’ttee Chair over 'free textbook' claim
- Update: Menzgold CEO observes one-minute silence for departed clients
- Today at the newsstands
- Porous borders: Customs officials on high alert over suspected Ivorian rebels
- Asamponhene's killing: Close confidant arrested
- Corruption is toxic and prevailing in every sector -Anglican Bishop
- Missing Ta'adi girl’s family hold prayers to mark first anniversary
- Driver, mate jailed 17-years for robbery
- Police suspect contract killing in Otumfuo's Asamponhene murder
- Man with old TV set mask leaving old TV sets on people’s porches
- The top cities overrun by tourists