Work on the 54 kilometres Jasikan to Dodo Pepesu stretch of the Eastern Corridor Road will commence from July this year.
According to President Akufo-Addo, an amount of $45 million has been earmarked, under the phase 1 projects of the $2 billion Ghana-Sinohydro Master Project Agreement, for the construction of the Jasikan to Dodo Pepesu road.
Speaking at a durbar held in his honour at Jasikan, on Tuesday, he recounted how, in 2016, he said he was yet to see the so-called “unprecedented infrastructural projects” touted by his predecessor, John Dramani Mahama.
“I stated, at the time, that, wherever I have been to, I never saw these so-called unprecedented infrastructural projects he (Mahama) claimed he had done. He (Mahama) responded by telling me that I was asleep, the reason why I hadn’t seen these projects.
“However, there has not been a single durbar across the country where I have been where the issue of the poor road network has been raised by the Chiefs and people,” the President said.
He continued, “We, as political leaders, must always be truthful to Ghanaians. Lies, inaccuracies and misrepresentations should not be the hallmark of political leaders. I will not say I have done the Hohoe-Jasikan-Dodo Pepeso road when, indeed, it has not been constructed. I will never say such a thing.”
President Akufo-Addo assured residents of Jasikan that they will not lack, in terms of development, in the aftermath of the creation of the Oti Region.
“We are going to make sure that there is an even spread of infrastructural facilities in the region. Every part of Oti will have their fair share of infrastructural development,” he said.
The President, en route to Nkwanta, stopped by Ntruboman Senior High School, where he presented a school bus and pickup vehicle to the school, in fulfilment of a pledge he had made to them.
President Akufo-Addo also cut the sod for the construction of the 12km Kpassa to Mama Akura Road; and also cut the sod for the construction of a classroom and dormitory block at the Nkwanta Senior High School.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- 7-year-old boy ‘drowns’ but family suspects murder
- TRRS 2019 Class hands back renovated washroom to Dzorwulu A&B Primary Sch
- Photos of some new SHS facilities to tackle over-crowding
- Awaso Mines vandals will face the law — Minister
- UEW sacks Nigerian professor for misconduct, unsavoury comment
- Traders demand enforcement of laws against foreigners in retail business
- Landlady fined ¢2,400 after tenants poured garbage in rain
- Journalists must probe Auditor General’s report - Samson Lardy
- Ola faces early exit as Edinaman puts up heated NSMQ performance
- Newspaper headlines: Thursday, June 20, 2019
- DVLA, Guinness Ghana roll out new module to check drunk driving
- Tema: One person feared dead after loaded truck runs into wall
- Man ordered to compensate ex-wife for 27 years of house chores
- ACEP cautions PURC over delay to release new power tariffs
- A sleepy island paradise's most showstopping sights