India Women Association (IWA) in partnership with executives of Ghana Outstanding Women Awards (GOWA) last Sunday (Mother’s Day) demonstrated gross love to mothers on admission at three hospitals in the Eastern Region.
The two women-centred outfits, IWA, GOWA presented items worth thousands of Cedis to nursing mothers and particularly those who delivered on Mother’s Day.
The beneficiary health centres-Atua Government Hospital, St. Martins De Porres Hospital and Akuse Government Hospital, Akuse received items including diapers, detergents, boxes of Indomie Instant Noodles, baby dresses etc.
GOWA president Mrs Afua Asantewaa Owusu Aduonum said “We have been doing this for the past three years, and l must say it keeps improving every year in terms of organization and everything. As a group, we realized there is no better day to honour mothers than this day.
“Mothers play key roles regarding shaping our societies, hence the need to salute them on this special day. I contacted IWA executives for this year’s project and they readily bought into the vision without hesitating. We hope to deepen our ties to reach out to more mothers in our quest to encourage mothers to shape their various homes.”
IWA Vice president Vanisha Daryanani and Sameena Thomas, secretary in separate words pledged their continued support for women empowerment and development in the country.
Health officials who received the officials at the three health centres expressed thanks to the two groups for the gesture.
The two groups began the exercise with the Atua Hospital, later moved to the St Martins Hospital and ended up at the Akuse Hospital.
IWA contribution to social change in Ghana won them the best women group (Foreign) at the maiden edition of GOWA last year.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- President petitioned over David Adjaye contracts
- Factions in deadly Asokore Mampong feud pledge peace
- Form board or face legal action - Institute of Architects gives gov't ultimatum
- Withdraw bill to regulate training of lawyers – Legal practioners, MPs
- Foreign Minister itemises utilisation of $3b China loan
- Ugandan cows 'to get birth certificates'
- Immigration foils trafficking of 7 girls
- Ghanaian scientists to be profiled at landmark scientific meeting
- 2nd Edition of Driver & Road Safety Awards launched
- Suspend prosecution of Menzgold CEO, help us retrieve cash - Aggrieved customers
- Poly Tank receives second Superbrand award
- Rev. Steve Mensah, CEM to build ‘Ability Village' for PWDs
- Autism school nears collapse as ¢200k investment for kids is locked up
- Textbook publishers to be certified by NaCCA
- Afoko pleads not guilty to murder charges