As the tenure of the current Inspector-General of Police (IGP), David Asante Apeatu, draws to a close in a couple of months, the race to succeed him is also getting tighter.
Security analyst, Adam Bonah has pruned his list of a possible successor to five from the original 11.
The five Commissioners of Police (COP) whom Bonah has identified following interactions with some 522 serving officers, some retired officers as well as some former IGPs], include Beatrice Vib-Sanziri, Maame Tiwaa Addo Danquah and Nathan Kofi Boakye.
Each of the over 500 serving and ex-officers answered not less than 12 questions administered to them by Bonah’s Security Warehouse Limited.
Explaining his work on Ghana Connect which was live on JoyNews TV and Joy FM Friday, the analyst said his team based their work on current profiles, of the possible candidates, the positions they held as well as the regions they worked in.
The candidates’ international exposure, major arrests or operations they undertook, the years they have served, administrative roles plus their achievements and legacies in the Police Service.
See below the facts and figures presented by the analyst.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Hotline Documentary: When the last tree dies...
- NSMQ2019: Adisco begin 'journey to the fifth' with superb win
- I never took clothing allowance – Former GEPA Deputy CEO responds
- NaCCA warns of imposters in new curriculum training programme
- Students consuming cannabis-infused 'shito' - NACOB reveals
- Ejisu-Jamasi: Irate youth torch house, besiege police station over 'killings'
- Driver in accident involving 4 MDCEs dies in hospital
- Whistleblowers Act will work if informants trust they're safe - Law lecturer
- NSMQ does not favour girls - Teacher
- I refused my son job with Audit Service to protect him – Auditor General
- UEW crisis: Court upholds dismissal of Dr. Bekoe
- GIS steps up efforts to combat human trafficking
- The Watchman: The documentaries of Ghana’s Anas Aremeyaw Anas
- NSMQ2019: Another girl school falls as Kumaca strolls into quarter-finals
- Suspected child thief arrested at Sabon Zongo in Kumasi