The Multimedia Group’s investigative journalist, Kwetey Nartey, has been named as one of the finalists of the 2019 Mandela Washington Fellowship.
The multiple-award-winning journalist is expected to spend six weeks in the United States participating in professional development training in leadership in civic engagement.
He is among 32 Ghanaians selected from 3,000 applicants who applied the flagship programme of Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI).
The programme is the brainchild of former US President Barack Obama to nurture a generation of African leaders to push economic growth, improve democratic and strengthen civil society structures that will make the continent a better place.
The Mandela Washington Fellowship connects young African leaders to leadership training opportunities at some of America’s top universities to expand their leadership skills and knowledge.
During a reception in honour of the 32 fellows, the US Ambassador to Ghana explained that these exchange programmes do not only provide professional skills and networking opportunities but, provides the platform to form friendships and bonds between the two countries.
“This goodwill leads to sustained relationships with tangible outcomes that contribute positively to Ghana’s development,” she said.
The 32 Ghanaians comprise leaders from the business, public sector and non-governmental organisations across the country.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- India’s curious death hotels
- Hotline Documentary: When the last tree dies...
- NSMQ2019: Adisco begin 'journey to the fifth' with superb win
- I never took clothing allowance – Former GEPA Deputy CEO responds
- NaCCA warns of imposters in new curriculum training programme
- Students consuming cannabis-infused 'shito' - NACOB reveals
- Ejisu-Jamasi: Irate youth torch house, besiege police station over 'killings'
- Driver in accident involving 4 MDCEs dies in hospital
- Whistleblowers Act will work if informants trust they're safe - Law lecturer
- NSMQ does not favour girls - Teacher
- I refused my son job with Audit Service to protect him – Auditor General
- UEW crisis: Court upholds dismissal of Dr. Bekoe
- GIS steps up efforts to combat human trafficking
- The Watchman: The documentaries of Ghana’s Anas Aremeyaw Anas
- NSMQ2019: Another girl school falls as Kumaca strolls into quarter-finals