The 6th National Policy Summit, an initiative by the Ministry of Information, has been launched in Accra.
The two-day summit which will take place in the Central Regional Capital, Cape Coast, is on the theme “Achieving the Sustainable Development Goals with Emphasis on Fisheries and Sanitation”.
The NPS is designed to bring together policy makers, business leaders, Industry players, academia and Civil Society Organisations among others, to brainstorm, interact and dialogue on topical issues of national importance.
Launching the summit in Accra, Minister for Planning, Professor George Gyan-Baffour who is also chairman of the High-level Ministerial Committee on SDGs, praised the organisers for using this year’s summit to dialogue on challenges facing humanity including sanitation.
Professor George Gyan-Baffour
He revealed, that participants will discuss a number of issues including promoting a total national sanitation campaign and protecting fisheries and aquaculture for sustainable food supply and job creation.
The Summit will be held under the patronage of Osabarima Kwesi Atta II, Omanhene of Ogua Traditional Area.
Key speakers include Minister for Fisheries and Aquaculture Development, Elizabeth Afoley Quaye, and the Minister of Sanitation and Water Resources Cecilia Abena Dapaah,
The 6th National Policy Summit like other flagship programmes, is one of the Ministry of Information’s strategic objectives which includes ensuring responsive governance and citizen participation in the development dialogue as well as Improving participation of civil society, media, traditional authorities and religious bodies in national development.
The National Policy Summit is sponsored by UMB and Zoomlion.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Ugandan cows 'to get birth certificates'
- Immigration foils trafficking of 7 girls
- Ghanaian scientists to be profiled at landmark scientific meeting
- 2nd Edition of Driver & Road Safety Awards launched
- Suspend prosecution of Menzgold CEO, help us retrieve cash - Aggrieved customers
- Poly Tank receives second Superbrand award
- Rev. Steve Mensah, CEM to build ‘Ability Village' PWDs
- Autism school nears collapse as ¢200k investment for kids is locked up
- Textbook publishers to be certified by NaCCA
- Afoko pleads not guilty to murder charges
- Sandema SHTS: Student dies after clashes with police
- Concerned old boys of Bishop Herman College raise funds to buy mono-desks
- Prof Bawole appointed Dean of University of Ghana Business School
- An entire family is wiped out a day in road crashes - Report
- Prof Atuguba appointed Dean of University of Ghana School of Law