At least, one person has been confirmed dead following Monday’s heavy downpour in Kumasi, the Asahnti Region capital.
The body of a 32-year old welder, Kofi Appiagyei, was retrieved Tuesday afternoon in the Susuan stream at Atonsu S-Line, after he had been swept away by flood waters at Asawasi-Pelele.
The deceased was on his way home from work when the unexpected happened after he reportedly turned deaf ears on warning by bystanders to abandon his decision to step in the rain.
Manhyia Police Divisional Commander, ACP Kwaku Buah, confirmed Appgiagyei’s relatives had reported his disappearance on Monday evening.
According to him, police have since contacted the family while the body had been deposited at the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital morgue.
Meanwhile, a nine-year-old girl who disappeared under similar circumstances at Old Tafo, remains missing.
ACP Buah wants residents in Kumasi to pay attention to their personal safety, especially, as the rains intensify.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- India’s curious death hotels
- Hotline Documentary: When the last tree dies...
- NSMQ2019: Adisco begin 'journey to the fifth' with superb win
- I never took clothing allowance – Former GEPA Deputy CEO responds
- NaCCA warns of imposters in new curriculum training programme
- Students consuming cannabis-infused 'shito' - NACOB reveals
- Ejisu-Jamasi: Irate youth torch house, besiege police station over 'killings'
- Driver in accident involving 4 MDCEs dies in hospital
- Whistleblowers Act will work if informants trust they're safe - Law lecturer
- NSMQ does not favour girls - Teacher
- I refused my son job with Audit Service to protect him – Auditor General
- UEW crisis: Court upholds dismissal of Dr. Bekoe
- GIS steps up efforts to combat human trafficking
- The Watchman: The documentaries of Ghana’s Anas Aremeyaw Anas
- NSMQ2019: Another girl school falls as Kumaca strolls into quarter-finals