The Kaneshie Area of the Church of Pentecost has donated a motorbike to the police station at Darkuman in Accra.
The Kaneshie Area Head Apostle Mike Etrue presented a Royal Motor Bike RY.125A to the police station last Wednesday at a brief ceremony.
He explained the gesture is to signal to the police that the church is also a stakeholder in supporting the police service within the locality.
This, he noted, a corporate social responsibility. A motorbike for the police, in a densely populated community with vehicular traffic meandering through, is expected to ease the movement of officers.
The church delegation also included Pastors, Samuel Essel, Joseph Ackah, Adjei Nimako, Emmanuel Danah, Elder Hansen and others.
The Kaneshie Area of the Church of Pentecost comprises at least 89 local branches also known as Assemblies or Worship Centers.
Ramping up the Church of Pentecost’s sense of social responsibility is a key part of the church’s new vision, “Possessing the nations”, under Chairman Apostle Eric Nyamekye.
The Church’s nationwide sanitation campaign was launched November 2018 as a year-long activity to support government’s sanitation efforts.
Dubbed “the Environmental Care Campaign”, the Area head Apostle Mike Etrue in January leads pastors, presbyters and members in the exercise at Agbogbloshie and Kaneshie – two of the city’s busiest markets.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- NSMQ2019: As prelims begin, here are each region's best qualifying foot
- Regulating churches will create confusion - Bishop Agyinasare
- Gov't releases new Tertiary Education Policy reforms
- 2019 NSMQ: Contest begins today as 108 schools battle for coveted trophy
- From the newsstands: Monday, June 17 2019
- Man sees 'Avengers: Endgame' 114 times, aims for 200
- Police arrest man who stabbed wife multiple times over money to pay sex worker
- The holiday destination no one has heard of
- Assistant U.S. Secretary of State for Consular Affairs visits Ghana
- 7 die in gory accident as vehicle plunges into valley
- Bright Minds Foundation to provide housing, financial support to defiled 13-yr-old
- Video: Customers storm Zoe Outreach Embassy to demand locked-up investment
- Ace Ankomah finds a cause to rant in Takoradi
- SSNIT wants contribution rate reviewed
- Let’s collaborate to run mission schools - Presbyterian University president to govt