Lives and vehicles were endangered Friday when the engine of an articulated truck went off while ascending Kwame Nkrumah overhead.
The engine ceasure caused the truck to reverse and finally tumbled in the process.
No fatality has been recorded yet.
However, the accident brought massive traffic to the already busy interchange.
The police were on hand to provide security, direct traffic and begin investigations into the accident.
According to Chief Inspector Felix Tseh of the Nima MTTD, it is too early to determine the cause of the accident but eyewitnesses have claimed that the driver ignored a caution sign not to use the overpass.
The truck, with registration number GR 4258 N, was carrying raw materials from Tema port to a warehouse in Odorkor.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- India’s curious death hotels
- Hotline Documentary: When the last tree dies...
- NSMQ2019: Adisco begin 'journey to the fifth' with superb win
- I never took clothing allowance – Former GEPA Deputy CEO responds
- NaCCA warns of imposters in new curriculum training programme
- Students consuming cannabis-infused 'shito' - NACOB reveals
- Ejisu-Jamasi: Irate youth torch house, besiege police station over 'killings'
- Driver in accident involving 4 MDCEs dies in hospital
- Whistleblowers Act will work if informants trust they're safe - Law lecturer
- NSMQ does not favour girls - Teacher
- I refused my son job with Audit Service to protect him – Auditor General
- UEW crisis: Court upholds dismissal of Dr. Bekoe
- GIS steps up efforts to combat human trafficking
- The Watchman: The documentaries of Ghana’s Anas Aremeyaw Anas
- NSMQ2019: Another girl school falls as Kumaca strolls into quarter-finals