The National Chairman of the Convention People’s Party [CPP] has been installed the paramount Chief of the Nandom Traditional Area Thursday Morning.
Professor Edmond Delle now has the skin name Mwinnyim Delle Kyiir VIII, JoyNews reporter Isaac Nongya reported.
His enskinment received a unanimous endorsement from all the eight elders of the Gbullu family.
The renowned dermatologist succeeded the late Naa Dr Puore Poube Chiir VII. He is the only surviving candidate, of the five who previously vied for the Nandom skin.
The new Paramount chief said he is ready to shelve his Presidential ambition in the interest of leading and uniting the people of Nandom for development.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- World beard and mustache competition begins in Belgium
- UG begins Bachelor of Education programme
- Four Africa city destinations you should visit right now
- Multimedia Group's Kwetey Nartey selected as 2019 Mandela Washington Fellow
- Church bans 'backpacks' over recent terror threat
- Imported arms controversy: ‘Weapons pose security threat’ – Abotsi
- Climate change lessons included in new basic school curriculum
- We have employed 350,000 public sector workers - Veep
- 2 siblings washed away while playing in the rain
- Man charged with reckless driving wants to go to jail than home to wife
- Google launches one-stop shop for flights, hotels
- Baako wants CID boss changed
- 2 Suspected robbers killed in shoot-out with police at Kasoa
- NIA shuts down online portal for Ghana Card registration
- 5 years on; Rawlings, other NDC stalwarts remember PV Obeng