A team of students from the Regent University College of Science and Technology in Accra has emerged finalists in the Hult Prize Regional finals held in Madrid, Spain.
The team was among six universities which got to the finals in the competition from April 5 to 6.
The Halt Prize is an annual start-up competition for promising young social entrepreneurs emerging from the world’s universities with a winning prize of $1 million.
A statement issued in Accra by Benjamin Larbi, the Acting Head of Communications of Regent University, and copied to the Ghana News Agency, said the finalists were select from 41 universities by a jury.
The Regent Team was the only group from an African university at the competition.
It said the top six finalists included university teams from London School of Economics, Cambridge University, University of Warwick, University College of London, all from the United Kingdom, Regent University College of Science and Technology, Ghana, and the University of Monterrey, Mexico.
It said the finalists would have the opportunity to participate in the Hult Business Accelerator Programme in Ashridge Castle, UK, later in the year.
It said emerging as the top six finalists out of over 40 universities globally had been really humbling, noting that the future was indeed bright for Regent University.
Mirna Consuelo Del Castillo, the Hult Prize Regional Director, congratulated the Regent team and advised them not to give up but rather believe in themselves and keep pushing forward.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- UNESCO, ECOWAS sign MOU to enhance safety of Journalists in West Africa
- Third complaint against Sir David Adjaye over multiple contracts
- Christian family refuses to pay income taxes because it “goes against God’s will”
- Woman, 34, murdered in Agona Swedru
- Parliament approves conversion of UDS Wa campus into University
- 43-year-old mechanic jailed 5 years for beating up police officers
- Photo of the Week: When 'abnormal' indecent exposure becomes 'normal'
- KAIPTC to host flagship peace, security forum to honour late Kofi Annan
- Video: Presec students create App to track exeats
- Public Procurement Authority receives top award in Berlin
- L’AINE Services ends career clinic in Tamale
- Court to hear stay of proceedings motion filed by Dr Opuni
- Mahama murder trial: Court orders BNI to give suspect more time with lawyer
- Failed nurse jailed 22 months for faking documents
- The LEKMA road that kills people seeking medical care