A team of students from the Regent University College of Science and Technology in Accra has emerged finalists in the Hult Prize Regional finals held in Madrid, Spain.
The team was among six universities which got to the finals in the competition from April 5 to 6.
The Halt Prize is an annual start-up competition for promising young social entrepreneurs emerging from the world’s universities with a winning prize of $1 million.
A statement issued in Accra by Benjamin Larbi, the Acting Head of Communications of Regent University, and copied to the Ghana News Agency, said the finalists were select from 41 universities by a jury.
The Regent Team was the only group from an African university at the competition.
It said the top six finalists included university teams from London School of Economics, Cambridge University, University of Warwick, University College of London, all from the United Kingdom, Regent University College of Science and Technology, Ghana, and the University of Monterrey, Mexico.
It said the finalists would have the opportunity to participate in the Hult Business Accelerator Programme in Ashridge Castle, UK, later in the year.
It said emerging as the top six finalists out of over 40 universities globally had been really humbling, noting that the future was indeed bright for Regent University.
Mirna Consuelo Del Castillo, the Hult Prize Regional Director, congratulated the Regent team and advised them not to give up but rather believe in themselves and keep pushing forward.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Imported arms controversy: ‘Weapons pose security threat’ – Abotsi
- Climate change lessons included in new basic school curriculum
- We have employed 350,000 public sector workers - Veep
- 2 siblings washed away while playing in the rain
- Man charged with reckless driving wants to go to jail than home to wife
- Google launches one-stop shop for flights, hotels
- Baako wants CID boss changed
- 2 Suspected robbers killed in shoot-out with police at Kasoa
- NIA shuts down online portal for Ghana Card registration
- 5 years on; Rawlings, other NDC stalwarts remember PV Obeng
- Abuakwa South MCE urges youth to desist from using illicit drugs
- Who will be Ghana’s next possible IGP? Find out here
- Chinese man gets ten days in jail for giving his dogs “illegal” names
- Geddit Ghana announces winner of maiden promotion
- Zion College, Anloga celebrates 82nd speech and prize giving day