A market fire has destroyed properties in Kumasi once again, this time wreaking havoc at the popular Asafo Market.
On Friday, a similar fire incident destroyed stalls and other properties at the ‘Doctor Mensah’ section of the Kumasi Central Market.
The Asafo Market fire struck on Saturday, razing shops and leaving affected traders helpless as they count their loses.
Market fires are fairly common in the Kumasi metropolis.
Last year, about 50 stalls at were razed at the Kumasi Central Market.
There is no official word yet on what caused the Asafo Market.
However, some affected traders believe a cobbler might kept one of their electrical equipment running overnight, heating up and catching fire.
Watch photos below.
More News Headlines
- Blame shareholders for job losses in Savings and Loans crash - BoG
- Adom FM editor wins Media Personality award at MTN Heroes of Change
- Video: Two street preachers 'fight' in Kumasi
- The Ghana Grand tour: Celebs join UK High Commissioner for final lap
- Science set inventor, 26yrs, wins MTN Heroes of Change Season V
- African youth propose 'workable' solutions to achieving Africa beyond aid
- 7 busted over bus load of Niger-bound Indian hemp
- Communication gap caused widespread teacher anger over allowance – GES
- Photos: Lukula burns in tit-for-tat attacks in Savanna region
- Paris waiter 'shot dead over slow sandwich service'
- ‘We won’t take it!’ - Widespread teacher anger over ¢50 allowance
- 3 houses burnt down in renewed clashes in Savannah Region
- Video: Cronyism, exceptionalism killing local financial institutions - Wereko-Brobby
- New monitoring, evaluation system rolled out for malaria control programme
- Communication Ministry responds to Myjoyonline report on 2017 expenses