A market fire has destroyed properties in Kumasi once again, this time wreaking havoc at the popular Asafo Market.
On Friday, a similar fire incident destroyed stalls and other properties at the ‘Doctor Mensah’ section of the Kumasi Central Market.
The Asafo Market fire struck on Saturday, razing shops and leaving affected traders helpless as they count their loses.
Market fires are fairly common in the Kumasi metropolis.
Last year, about 50 stalls at were razed at the Kumasi Central Market.
There is no official word yet on what caused the Asafo Market.
However, some affected traders believe a cobbler might kept one of their electrical equipment running overnight, heating up and catching fire.
Watch photos below.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- The holiday destination no one has heard of
- Assistant U.S. Secretary of State for Consular Affairs visits Ghana
- 7 die in gory accident as vehicle plunges into valley
- Bright Minds Foundation to provide housing, financial support to defiled 13-yr-old
- Video: Customers storm Zoe Outreach Embassy to demand locked-up investment
- Ace Ankomah finds a cause to rant in Takoradi
- SSNIT wants contribution rate reviewed
- Let’s collaborate to run mission schools - Presbyterian University president to govt
- GNPC Foundation secures scholarship for students in rural communities
- Ex-convict sent back to prison for stealing
- Retired army officer criticises presser on Canadian girls’ rescue
- Odumase police investigate alleged lynching of unidentified man
- 94-year-old World War II veteran gets high school diploma
- Spending time in nature boosts health, study finds
- ENA calls for gov’t support for persons living with albinism