Hope of safe and dignified child delivery is on the horizon as Mangotideke residents anticipate the completion of a delivery centre which is under construction after a Joy News documentary.
The centre is near completion at a village in the Volta region where the chief doubles as a midwife and does deliveries on the bare floor.
The construction of the centre which can also be used as a clinic for the village started after a Joy News hotline documentary, Left Behind.
The documentary highlighted the plight of pregnant women in the village.
With financial support from a WhatsApp group called Paddies, a lecturer at the Ho technical university Dr Devine Novieto is confident, the centre will soon be completed and handed over to the community.
Watch the video report as pregnant women there are competing to be first to deliver at the centre.
Watch the video below:
More News Headlines
- Blame shareholders for job losses in Savings and Loans crash - BoG
- Adom FM editor wins Media Personality award at MTN Heroes of Change
- Video: Two street preachers 'fight' in Kumasi
- The Ghana Grand tour: Celebs join UK High Commissioner for final lap
- Science set inventor, 26yrs, wins MTN Heroes of Change Season V
- African youth propose 'workable' solutions to achieving Africa beyond aid
- 7 busted over bus load of Niger-bound Indian hemp
- Communication gap caused widespread teacher anger over allowance – GES
- Photos: Lukula burns in tit-for-tat attacks in Savanna region
- Paris waiter 'shot dead over slow sandwich service'
- ‘We won’t take it!’ - Widespread teacher anger over ¢50 allowance
- 3 houses burnt down in renewed clashes in Savannah Region
- Video: Cronyism, exceptionalism killing local financial institutions - Wereko-Brobby
- New monitoring, evaluation system rolled out for malaria control programme
- Communication Ministry responds to Myjoyonline report on 2017 expenses