Hope of safe and dignified child delivery is on the horizon as Mangotideke residents anticipate the completion of a delivery centre which is under construction after a Joy News documentary.
The centre is near completion at a village in the Volta region where the chief doubles as a midwife and does deliveries on the bare floor.
The construction of the centre which can also be used as a clinic for the village started after a Joy News hotline documentary, Left Behind.
The documentary highlighted the plight of pregnant women in the village.
With financial support from a WhatsApp group called Paddies, a lecturer at the Ho technical university Dr Devine Novieto is confident, the centre will soon be completed and handed over to the community.
Watch the video report as pregnant women there are competing to be first to deliver at the centre.
Watch the video below:
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Regulating churches will create confusion - Bishop Agyinasare
- Gov't releases new Tertiary Education Policy reforms
- 2019 NSMQ: Contest begins today as 108 schools battle for coveted trophy
- From the newsstands: Monday, June 17 2019
- Man sees 'Avengers: Endgame' 114 times, aims for 200
- Police arrest man who stabbed wife multiple times over money to pay sex worker
- The holiday destination no one has heard of
- Assistant U.S. Secretary of State for Consular Affairs visits Ghana
- 7 die in gory accident as vehicle plunges into valley
- Bright Minds Foundation to provide housing, financial support to defiled 13-yr-old
- Video: Customers storm Zoe Outreach Embassy to demand locked-up investment
- Ace Ankomah finds a cause to rant in Takoradi
- SSNIT wants contribution rate reviewed
- Let’s collaborate to run mission schools - Presbyterian University president to govt
- GNPC Foundation secures scholarship for students in rural communities