The Ashaiman District Police Headquarters is holding two persons responsible for the murder of a 27-year-old man at Tsenagbe, a suburb of Ashaiman in the Greater Accra Region.
The two culprits, Fuseini Wumbee, 22 and Adam Musah, 27, who are residents of Ashaiman, are assisting the police in their investigations to unravel the circumstances under which the incident occurred.
The deceased was said to have been inflicted with machete on his body prior to his death over a misunderstanding that ensued among them.
The body of the deceased has been deposited at the Tema General Hospital morgue for preservation and post-mortem.
Confirming the incident, the Crime Officer of the Ashaiman District Police Headquarters, Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) George Antwi-Tandoh noted that on Wednesday at about 3.00am, Kwame Owusu, who had blood oozing from his face and legs, rushed to the charge office of the Police Headquarters and reported that some young men assaulted him with machete during some misunderstanding.
He further explained that a police medical form was quickly issued to him to attend hospital immediately at the Team General Hospital.
Few minutes later, the crime officer indicated that whiles investigations were ongoing, the two suspects also came to the charge office to make a counter complaint that Kwame Owusu fought with them.
When the suspects were making their complaints, he said that police had intelligence that Kwame Owusu had died as a result of the injuries he sustained. Both Fuseini and Adam were arrested and detained to assist in investigations.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Media, security personnel train in civil-military relations
- Accra International Book Festival hosts South African writer on ‘Catch Up!’
- Year of Return: African diaspora & the significance of their return
- Boy shot dead, scores injured as Odumase protest against PDS
- Twellium Industry donates towards Alajo mosque rehabilitation
- Military officers, security experts get Peace Operations training
- Gov't provides 21 mechanised boreholes to Ghana Prisons Service
- Major Mahama murder trial: Prosecution invites 10th witness
- Special Prosecutor Office becoming butt of a joke – Suhuyini
- Ex-convict remanded for alleged murder of grandmother, 72
- Convener of Press Freedom protest claims attack
- Ogilvy Ghana bags 6 prestigious African SABRE awards
- Newspaper headlines: Wednesday, May 22, 2019
- Millionaire put private plane on autopilot so he could have sex with 15-year-old girl
- Real-life filming locations from when 'Game of Thrones' was good