A rainstorm on Thursday evening in Kumasi, the Ashanti Region capital, has left scores of people displaced.
Roofs were ripped off buildings and giant billboards fell, in some instances on moving vehicles, at Afful Nkwanta, Stadium and Asokwa, all in the Kumasi metropolis.
One person has been hospitalized after he was trapped for hours in his car, reports Luv FM’s Erastus Asare Donkor.
Meanwhile, in Accra, the Ghana Meteorological Agency has said heavy rains on Friday dawn will “continue to the West and affect Saltpond and Takoradi by daybreak. “
The Agency says fishermen going out for fishing will encounter windy conditions and rain at sea.
Few places in the north will continue to experience thunderstorms and rain, the Agency said in its daily weather update.
Some photos below.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- NSMQ2019 Day 2 wrap: Kumasi derby that broke KASS hearts, kick seeded school out
- Thought-provoking quotes from Joy FM's Super Morning Show
- NaCCA finalizes ‘anti-corruption’ integrity education manual for students
- Former Dep minister's son found dead in Manhattan
- NSMQ2019: 1pt difference as OWASS dumps KASS, OKESS in Kumasi derby
- Photos: Dag Heward-Mills visits Archbishop of Canterbury
- 3 arrested for robbing fetish priest, kidnapping son
- Kindergarten pupil dies after falling in septic tank
- Chinese suspect in banned Rosewood trade re-arrested
- Asantehene destools second chief in a week
- NSMQ2019: How St Ignatius used 'Problem of the Day' to kick out a seeded school
- Pepsodent supports SOS Children Village Founder’s Day
- March to decriminalise marijuana gets EFL support
- Zongo chief takes on UEW Vice Chancellor over discord at university
- Over 98% of ABFA cash pumped into free SHS in 2018 – Report