A Central regional MP Rev. John Ntim Fordjour has donated 20 street lights and 10 laptops to his alma mater, University of Mines and Technology in the Western Region.
The donation is in support of an incubation project the Tarkwa-based University is undertaking.
The incubation project is to support their students with the equipment for their training, research, innovation, finetuning the ideas of students into feasible projects for implementation.
The NPP MP for Assin-South in the Central region advised students to focus on ideas that can help them create jobs or contribute to reducing the levels of unemployment deemed a crisis.
He paid tribute to UMaT calling it an institution that made a “very indelible contribution” to his life some 16 years ago and also instilled “some very strong values” in him.
The 32-year old MP graduated from the university in 2007 with a BSc in Mineral Engineering.
“It is important that I come back to give back to my old school and that is the reason why I came with some very important donations”, the MP who entered Parliament in 2017 said.
Vice-Chancellor of the university Professor J.S.Y Kuma who received the computers expressed his gratitude to the MP for his kind gesture.
He said the university also expects to procure 10 high-end business computers to help student innovators develop their ideas
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Top lesser known Safari parks in Africa
- Okoe Boye at the end of the road over ‘hopeless’ Lekma stretch
- Rawlings’ dispatch rider shot, suffers broken arm
- Video of chief allegedly slaughtering human is false - Police
- Krachi West supports 50 PWDs with start-up kits
- Registrar dragged to Special Prosecutor for allegedly awarding himself ȼ2m contract
- That's My Opinion: The People vs Nana Ansah Kwao IV
- Obinim fights GRA over ȼ769,000 unpaid taxes
- Assemblies of God begins 7-day fast for three kidnapped girls
- High court rescinds bail granted Gregory Afoko
- NaCCA to introduce shortcode to control ‘unapproved’ textbooks
- GES implements new curriculum September
- Newspaper headlines: Monday, July 15, 2019
- ECG, PDS dispel rumours about looming dumsor
- Former boxing champion turned pastry chef creates amazing wedding cakes