Central Development Youth Abroad, a Cape Coast-based Organisation has donated GH¢5000 to support the upkeep of the 5-year-old boy whose hand was slashed with a machete by his stepmother.
The Organisation explained during a short donation event that its members were touched by the plight of the boy and decided to support him to enable him to live a normal life again after he has been discharged from the hospital.
Candyman Lucas Mensah presented the money on behalf of the Organisation and promised to do more to support any worthy cause or situation that might arise in the Central Region.
“We need a viable workforce in the Central Region and the news came to us as a great shock. It would have been wrong on our part to have left the boy on his own. We wanted to put smiles on the face of the boy.”
The donation was received by the Deputy Director of Nursing Services at the Cape Coast Teaching Hospital, Afia Ofori Attakora and the Medical Social Worker at the Cape Coast Teaching Hospital, Felicia Tetteh.
The Deputy Director of Nursing Services thanked the organization for their support and called for more support for the boy and other needy people at the Pediatric Unit at the Hospital.
Doctors two weeks ago amputated the left hand of a five-year-old boy whose hand was accidentally slashed with a machete by his stepmother.
The wounded hand, according to doctors at the Central Regional Hospital is beyond reconstruction after it was left unattended to, a month after his stepmother, in anger threw a machete at him.
District Police Commander for Abura Asebu Kwamankese, DSP John Akonde, told Joy News the stepmother in a statement to the police admitted the offence but said it was purely accidental.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Imported arms controversy: ‘Weapons pose security threat’ – Abotsi
- Climate change lessons included in new basic school curriculum
- We have employed 350,000 public sector workers - Veep
- 2 siblings washed away while playing in the rain
- Man charged with reckless driving wants to go to jail than home to wife
- Google launches one-stop shop for flights, hotels
- Baako wants CID boss changed
- 2 Suspected robbers killed in shoot-out with police at Kasoa
- NIA shuts down online portal for Ghana Card registration
- 5 years on; Rawlings, other NDC stalwarts remember PV Obeng
- Abuakwa South MCE urges youth to desist from using illicit drugs
- Who will be Ghana’s next possible IGP? Find out here
- Chinese man gets ten days in jail for giving his dogs “illegal” names
- Geddit Ghana announces winner of maiden promotion
- Zion College, Anloga celebrates 82nd speech and prize giving day