The second edition of the Africa Public Sector Conference & Awards (APSCA) is set to hold in Accra from 18-19 July, 2019 at the Movenpick Ambassador Hotel.
Themed,“Promoting Innovation, Technology & Service Delivery in the Public Sector” APSCA will bring together senior leaders in public and private sector to discuss key issues pertaining to public interest, share best practices, experiences and articulate how African Ministries, department and agencies can work towards building a robust economy.
The Chief Executive Officer of Instinct Wave, organisers of APSCA 2019, Akin Naphtal, in a statement expressed his excitement about Ghana hosting the second edition, after a successful edition in Kigali, Rwanda.
“The first edition which was held in Rwanda had a great turnout from Ghanaians, hence the decision to hold the second edition in Ghana and we are looking forward to Ghana playing host to civil servants and public officials from Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, South Africa and Nigeria.”
“African citizens are demanding real-time services from government agencies. This means that public institutions must constantly improve their service delivery models in order to attain the expected exponential public sector growth in Africa.” he added.
The conference which is in its second year, will discuss ways in which the public sector can promote growth and efficiency through adoption of technology and capacity building. It also provides opportunities to build partnerships, share insights on industry trends, business strategies and policies. The forum serves as a capacity building tool and strengthens policies and decision-making in the public sector.
There will also be an awards ceremony that will honour outstanding public sector agencies and leaders who have demonstrated excellence in service delivery. Recognition will also be bestowed on outstanding public servants who have showcased excellence in policy innovation and exceptional leadership at various levels of governance .Stakeholders that have supported public sector’s growth in various ways through technology and service support will also be recognized and rewarded.
The Awards night will also witness the unveiling of Top 25 Public Sector Leaders across Africa; a compilation of the most outstanding public sector personalities who have displayed exceptional leadership in their organizations and commitment to the growth of Africa’s economy.
This recognition aims to inspire a new generation of robust work ethics, industry leaders and desired processes in the public sector.
APSCA 2019 is a unique opportunity for Africa’s most influential public sector personalities and business decision-makers to network at a sumptuous evening of fine dining and entertainment.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Manhunt for chief who allegedly kidnapped another chief
- CID exonerates Bissue in Anas exposé
- Newspaper headlines: Monday, July 22, 2019
- IGP, CID boss face court today over Afoko bail brouhaha
- T'di residents laud introduction of cylinder re-circulation model
- New technique promises to ease teaching, learning of mathematics
- Education Ministry clarifies position on reposting SHS teachers with distance degrees
- U.S. weather service bakes biscuits in hot car
- 5 African countries that promise the best honeymoon money can buy
- LEKMA road finally gets new contractor
- Deeper Life tackles immorality with campus congress
- Report wives who wear jeans to bed - DOVVSU
- You can pay to cuddle cows at this New York farm
- Controversy-plagued UEW halts 2019 graduation
- Wa regional hospital boss sacked