Old Mutual has provided Uber drivers and riders an Injury Protection.
Per the agreement, all Uber driver-partners will benefit from this cover the moment they accept a trip, driving to pick up a rider, to the end of the trip.
Riders will also be covered from the time their ride begins until the trip ends.
The packages include:
Medical Cover: If an accident happens On-Trip, this cover reimburses drivers and riders for necessary medical treatment costs up to GH¢12,500. In addition, this cover reimburses ambulance service costs.
Death and Funeral Payments: In the unfortunate event that a driver-partner or rider dies as a result of an accident On-Trip, their dependents or heirs will benefit from a lump sum payment of GH¢50,000. They will also obtain an amount of GH¢5,000 for funeral expenses.
Permanent Disability Payments: In the unfortunate event that a user suffers permanent disability as a result of an accident On-Trip, they will benefit from a lump sum payment up to GH¢50,000. The amount depends on the severity of the disability.
Daily Payment Benefit for Drivers (injury): If a driver is hospitalized for more than 48 hours as a result of an accident that happened On-Trip and are thereafter unable to drive because of those injuries, they will receive a daily payment of GH¢50 for up to 30 days whilst they are medically certified by a doctor as unfit to work.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Manhunt for chief who allegedly kidnapped another chief
- CID exonerates Bissue in Anas exposé
- Newspaper headlines: Monday, July 22, 2019
- IGP, CID boss face court today over Afoko bail brouhaha
- T'di residents laud introduction of cylinder re-circulation model
- New technique promises to ease teaching, learning of mathematics
- Education Ministry clarifies position on reposting SHS teachers with distance degrees
- U.S. weather service bakes biscuits in hot car
- 5 African countries that promise the best honeymoon money can buy
- LEKMA road finally gets new contractor
- Deeper Life tackles immorality with campus congress
- Report wives who wear jeans to bed - DOVVSU
- You can pay to cuddle cows at this New York farm
- Controversy-plagued UEW halts 2019 graduation
- Wa regional hospital boss sacked