Eight people are dead and at least five are injured after a sprinter bus and Diesel truck collided into each other head on in Boankra Friday morning.
According to Joy News’ Ohemeng Tawiah, both the driver and a man in the passenger seat of the sprinter bus are among the eight dead.
In an attempt to avoid the accident, the truck driver swerved into a home nearby shortly after the collision. All occupants escaped the home uninjured.
The injured have been transported to the Accident and Emergency Unit at the Ejisu Government Hospital while others are at Konongo Hospital. They are believed to be in stable condition.
The bodies of the deceased are currently at a morgue inside the Juaben Government Hospital.
Some of the dead and injured have yet to be identified.
This story is developing. More soon.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- A Rocha Ghana to open first Atewa Forest exhibition
- Gov't to launch new national tolling policy
- Woman takes clothes off in front of bank manager in attempt to secure a loan
- Video/Photos: This alleged ‘mad man’ torched 5 vehicles at mechanic shop
- HR Focus holds career clinic
- Supreme Court dismisses Exton Cubic case
- GhLA to revamp school, community libraries to encourage reading habits
- Education Minister makes case for promoting French language
- Tree stumps on Sene River make transportation, fishing dangerous
- Newspaper headlines: Tuesday, January 22, 2019
- Hussien-Suale’s murder: Anas, everybody is a suspect – Lawyer
- Anas dedicates latest award to slain Ahmed Hussein-Suale
- Ghana’s popular tourist sites to receive facelift in 2019
- Child draws all over dad’s passport; dad gets stuck in South Korea
- Ghanaian lawyers appeal to IGP, Interior Minister to stop "brazen" murders