Government has secured a $60 million facility for the implementation of Phase 2 of the University of Allied Sciences project at Ho in the Volta Region.
Phase 2 will cover a total floor area of 29,200 square meters which will see the completion of the central administration block.
Also, the school of Nursing and Midwifery duty and equipment room as well as supporting facilities such as the desks, chairs and computers and teaching aids for medical speciality will also be completed.
“The first phase covered a land area of 10.386 square metres and comprised the school of basic and biomedical science, lecture halls, libraries, student housing facilities and senior staff residential area,” Kojo Oppong Nkrumah, the Information Minister told journalists, Sunday.
The Ofoase Ayirebi legislator said under the bilateral agreement between the Ghana and China, the project is expected to enhance higher education on medicine.
It is also expected to further promote advanced medical care and also provide jobs for the Health Sector.
In September 2015, the first phase of the University funded by the Chinese government was officially handed over to Ghana.
The Minister of Finance Ken Ofori Atta and the Chinese Ambassador Wang Shitin have signed an MOU to that effect.
“Government is pleased about this agreement and wishes to work together to enhance the already strong and cordial relations between Ghana and China while deepening our commitment to expansion in education, Health Care and infrastructure,” Mr Oppong Nkrumah said.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Imported arms controversy: ‘Weapons pose security threat’ – Abotsi
- Climate change lessons included in new basic school curriculum
- We have employed 350,000 public sector workers - Veep
- 2 siblings washed away while playing in the rain
- Man charged with reckless driving wants to go to jail than home to wife
- Google launches one-stop shop for flights, hotels
- Baako wants CID boss changed
- 2 Suspected robbers killed in shoot-out with police at Kasoa
- NIA shuts down online portal for Ghana Card registration
- 5 years on; Rawlings, other NDC stalwarts remember PV Obeng
- Abuakwa South MCE urges youth to desist from using illicit drugs
- Who will be Ghana’s next possible IGP? Find out here
- Chinese man gets ten days in jail for giving his dogs “illegal” names
- Geddit Ghana announces winner of maiden promotion
- Zion College, Anloga celebrates 82nd speech and prize giving day