Government has secured a $60 million facility for the implementation of Phase 2 of the University of Allied Sciences project at Ho in the Volta Region.
Phase 2 will cover a total floor area of 29,200 square meters which will see the completion of the central administration block.
Also, the school of Nursing and Midwifery duty and equipment room as well as supporting facilities such as the desks, chairs and computers and teaching aids for medical speciality will also be completed.
“The first phase covered a land area of 10.386 square metres and comprised the school of basic and biomedical science, lecture halls, libraries, student housing facilities and senior staff residential area,” Kojo Oppong Nkrumah, the Information Minister told journalists, Sunday.
The Ofoase Ayirebi legislator said under the bilateral agreement between the Ghana and China, the project is expected to enhance higher education on medicine.
It is also expected to further promote advanced medical care and also provide jobs for the Health Sector.
In September 2015, the first phase of the University funded by the Chinese government was officially handed over to Ghana.
The Minister of Finance Ken Ofori Atta and the Chinese Ambassador Wang Shitin have signed an MOU to that effect.
“Government is pleased about this agreement and wishes to work together to enhance the already strong and cordial relations between Ghana and China while deepening our commitment to expansion in education, Health Care and infrastructure,” Mr Oppong Nkrumah said.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- "Are Ghana's cities clean for ‘Year of Return’?"
- Tarzan chides Akufo-Addo, Sakyi-Addo, Kan Dapaah over Radio Gold, XYZ closure
- Akufo-Addo administration has worse press freedom record – Tarzan fires
- Israel Embassy launches competition to promote green innovation
- Media houses join hands in #DefendMediaFreedom campaign
- Immediate past IGP not free of contempt charges – Srem-Sai
- Efforts to end water scarcity must be science-driven – Expert
- That’s My Opinion: ’Good citizens are not born’
- Video: Adenta-Madina residents refuse to use highway footbridge
- Medical report declaring MP murder suspect sane for trial challenged
- Afoko contempt case: IGP, CID boss fail to show up on judgement day again
- Akufo-Addo directs IGP Apeatu to hand over to deputy
- World Population Day: Support, empower adolescents in fight against teenage pregnancies
- Danger! LPG cylinders' safety compromised