An Alexandria man has been arrested in connection with the city’s first homicide of the year.
Police arrested 44-year-old Daniel Kankam over the weekend, charging him with murder.
On Monday, they identified the victim as 35-year-old Somaya Hussein Ahmed of Alexandria.
They have not indicated what the relationship between the suspect and the victim was, nor have they said what led them to the suspect.
Police began investigating on Friday when they responded to a report of a death on South Van Dorn Street.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Top lesser known Safari parks in Africa
- Okoe Boye at the end of the road over ‘hopeless’ Lekma stretch
- Rawlings’ dispatch rider shot, suffers broken arm
- Video of chief allegedly slaughtering human is false - Police
- Krachi West supports 50 PWDs with start-up kits
- Registrar dragged to Special Prosecutor for allegedly awarding himself ȼ2m contract
- That's My Opinion: The People vs Nana Ansah Kwao IV
- Obinim fights GRA over ȼ769,000 unpaid taxes
- Assemblies of God begins 7-day fast for three kidnapped girls
- High court rescinds bail granted Gregory Afoko
- NaCCA to introduce shortcode to control ‘unapproved’ textbooks
- GES implements new curriculum September
- Newspaper headlines: Monday, July 15, 2019
- ECG, PDS dispel rumours about looming dumsor
- Former boxing champion turned pastry chef creates amazing wedding cakes