Two men who allegedly robbed a prostitute they had arranged to have sex with at Nungua near Accra have been put before the Accra circuit court on charges of conspiracy to commit robbery and robbery.
The first accused, Mawuli Johnny Asimah, pleaded guilty to the charge of robbery, but pleaded not guilty to the charge of conspiracy, while the second accused, Isaac Zanyo, pleaded not guilty to both charges.
The court presided over by Mr Aboagye Tandoh, remanded the accused into police custody and fixed January 30, 2019, to sentence Mawuli on his guilty plea.
Isaac will also reappear before the court on February 6, 2019.
It is the case of the prosecution that on January 18, 2019, Mawuli and Isaac contacted the said prostitute on an online platform known as ‘Meet4U’ and contracted her for sex.
The two, the prosecution said, agreed to meet the prostitute on January 19, 2019, at Nungua for sex.
The prostitute met Mawuli at Nungua, but Mawuli led her to a place where he had allegedly positioned Isaac and three others now at large to attack her.
“The prostitute sensing danger began going back but was held by one of the men who also covered her mouth with his hand.
“They robbed her of her Infinix mobile phone valued at ¢450.00, a bag containing three condoms, perfume valued at ¢30.00 and cash of ¢100.00,’’ the prosecution added.
According to the prosecution, after the robbery, the men wanted to harm the prostitute, but she managed to raise the alarm for people to intervene.
The robbers, however, sensing danger, took to their heels.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- UG begins Bachelor of Education programme
- Four Africa city destinations you should visit right now
- Multimedia Group's Kwetey Nartey selected as 2019 Mandela Washington Fellow
- Church bans 'backpacks' over recent terror threat
- Imported arms controversy: ‘Weapons pose security threat’ – Abotsi
- Climate change lessons included in new basic school curriculum
- We have employed 350,000 public sector workers - Veep
- 2 siblings washed away while playing in the rain
- Man charged with reckless driving wants to go to jail than home to wife
- Google launches one-stop shop for flights, hotels
- Baako wants CID boss changed
- 2 Suspected robbers killed in shoot-out with police at Kasoa
- NIA shuts down online portal for Ghana Card registration
- 5 years on; Rawlings, other NDC stalwarts remember PV Obeng
- Abuakwa South MCE urges youth to desist from using illicit drugs