Two men who allegedly robbed a prostitute they had arranged to have sex with at Nungua near Accra have been put before the Accra circuit court on charges of conspiracy to commit robbery and robbery.
The first accused, Mawuli Johnny Asimah, pleaded guilty to the charge of robbery, but pleaded not guilty to the charge of conspiracy, while the second accused, Isaac Zanyo, pleaded not guilty to both charges.
The court presided over by Mr Aboagye Tandoh, remanded the accused into police custody and fixed January 30, 2019, to sentence Mawuli on his guilty plea.
Isaac will also reappear before the court on February 6, 2019.
It is the case of the prosecution that on January 18, 2019, Mawuli and Isaac contacted the said prostitute on an online platform known as ‘Meet4U’ and contracted her for sex.
The two, the prosecution said, agreed to meet the prostitute on January 19, 2019, at Nungua for sex.
The prostitute met Mawuli at Nungua, but Mawuli led her to a place where he had allegedly positioned Isaac and three others now at large to attack her.
“The prostitute sensing danger began going back but was held by one of the men who also covered her mouth with his hand.
“They robbed her of her Infinix mobile phone valued at ¢450.00, a bag containing three condoms, perfume valued at ¢30.00 and cash of ¢100.00,’’ the prosecution added.
According to the prosecution, after the robbery, the men wanted to harm the prostitute, but she managed to raise the alarm for people to intervene.
The robbers, however, sensing danger, took to their heels.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Top lesser known Safari parks in Africa
- Okoe Boye at the end of the road over ‘hopeless’ Lekma stretch
- Rawlings’ dispatch rider shot, suffers broken arm
- Video of chief allegedly slaughtering human is false - Police
- Krachi West supports 50 PWDs with start-up kits
- Registrar dragged to Special Prosecutor for allegedly awarding himself ȼ2m contract
- That's My Opinion: The People vs Nana Ansah Kwao IV
- Obinim fights GRA over ȼ769,000 unpaid taxes
- Assemblies of God begins 7-day fast for three kidnapped girls
- High court rescinds bail granted Gregory Afoko
- NaCCA to introduce shortcode to control ‘unapproved’ textbooks
- GES implements new curriculum September
- Newspaper headlines: Monday, July 15, 2019
- ECG, PDS dispel rumours about looming dumsor
- Former boxing champion turned pastry chef creates amazing wedding cakes