Four persons who allegedly kidnapped a 23-year-old hairdresser at Nungua Coco Beach on Friday appeared before an Accra Circuit Court.
The accused are Ivan Nelson, aka Champagne, a trader; Moris Adesowa a hair stylist; Luis Victor, a musician; and Tina Konadu, a sales girl and girlfriend of Adesowa.
The four alleged that the victim’s brother had stolen their iPhone six plus, an Infinix phone, a Samsung phone and an HP laptop hence their decision to kidnap the victim for his brother to return those items.
They four have been variously charged with conspiracy to commit crime, kidnapping, assault and abetment of crime.
They have denied all the charges before the court presided over by Rita Abrokwah Doko.
All the accused persons are expected to reappear on April 4.
Prosecuting, Chief Inspector Kofi Atimbire said complainant Frank Saint Patrick, is an Entertainer and brother of the victim.
The prosecution said the accused resides in the same building but different apartment at Klagon and on March 18, this year, Nelson, Adesowa and Victor went to the Nungua Coco Beach and kidnapped the victim into a taxi cab and sent her to Adesowa’s room at Klagon.
According to the prosecution, the accused persons warned the victim to produce his brother known as Elijah Moses whom they claimed had stolen their items.
Mr Atimbire said they further held that they would not release the victim until his brother produced the stolen items and was subjected to severe beatings by Adesowa and Victor.
The prosecution said one Treasure, the victim’s friend informed the complainant who in turn reported the matter to the Police.
He said at about 9.30 pm on the same day, the four accused persons were nabbed by the Police.
The prosecution said 30-minutes after the arrest the accused led the Police to where the victim was being kept, where Konadu who had the keys to the place opened the door of the room and victim was rescued.
He said Police then issued a medical report form to the victim to seek medical care.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Newspaper headlines: Tuesday, June 25, 2019
- Aggressive seagulls keep couple hostage in their own home for six days
- Zongo chief takes on UEW Vice Chancellor over discord at university
- Video: Meet Sarafina, the 16-year-old anti-child marriage campaigner
- Paris planning flying taxis by 2024
- NSMQ2019 one-eighth stage: Day 1 thrills as KSTS, Porters are sent packing
- Special Feature on 1V1D: Complaints by communities gov’t should not ignore
- Archbishop Porter Girls bundled out of NSMQ2019
- Anas exposes ‘pastor’ allegedly forcing orphan to eat own poop
- Hotline Documentary: Killing our roses (III) – The Aftermath
- NSMQ2019: Presec restores contest to factory setting after R1 loss
- Water tariff goes up by 8%
- NSMQ2019: Pope John get KSTS revenge to qualify for quarterfinals
- 4 Gov’t officials in road crash; 3 in critical condition
- Photos: Down but not out, the traffic lights that direct nobody