Ho-based Ola Girls’ Senior High survived in Tuesday’s National Science and Maths Quiz qualifier, sailing through to the national competition.
Despite scoring only 28 points, a failure from St. Pauls Senior High to give them a run for their money saw the girls book their qualification with ease.
Ho: End of contest:
Ola Girls’ SHS: 28pts
Bueman SHS: 13pts
St. Paul’s SHS: 12pts
Agotime SHS: 10pts
Congratulations ladies! This wasn’t an easy one for you but you pulled through...see you in Accra. #NSMQ2019Regionals #NSMQ2019— NSMQ Ghana (@NSMQGhana) 26 March 2019
Bueman SHS beat expected over dogs, Spaco with a point as they placed second with 13 points.
Agotime Senior High who are still pushing to debut at the national level will have to wait another year after finishing the contest in the last position with 10 points.
In a different contest, Dzodze Penyi SHS lived up to expectation and have secured a second consecutive qualification to the prelims.
With 35 points, they defeated Abor SHS who scored 21 points. Kpeve Senior High and Technical School lagged behind with four points.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- "Are Ghana's cities clean for ‘Year of Return’?"
- Tarzan chides Akufo-Addo, Sakyi-Addo, Kan Dapaah over Radio Gold, XYZ closure
- Akufo-Addo administration has worse press freedom record – Tarzan fires
- Israel Embassy launches competition to promote green innovation
- Media houses join hands in #DefendMediaFreedom campaign
- Immediate past IGP not free of contempt charges – Srem-Sai
- Efforts to end water scarcity must be science-driven – Expert
- That’s My Opinion: ’Good citizens are not born’
- Video: Adenta-Madina residents refuse to use highway footbridge
- Medical report declaring MP murder suspect sane for trial challenged
- Afoko contempt case: IGP, CID boss fail to show up on judgement day again
- Akufo-Addo directs IGP Apeatu to hand over to deputy
- World Population Day: Support, empower adolescents in fight against teenage pregnancies
- Danger! LPG cylinders' safety compromised