Ho-based Ola Girls’ Senior High survived in Tuesday’s National Science and Maths Quiz qualifier, sailing through to the national competition.
Despite scoring only 28 points, a failure from St. Pauls Senior High to give them a run for their money saw the girls book their qualification with ease.
Ho: End of contest:— NSMQ Ghana (@NSMQGhana) 26 March 2019
Ola Girls’ SHS: 28pts
Bueman SHS: 13pts
St. Paul’s SHS: 12pts
Agotime SHS: 10pts
Congratulations ladies! This wasn’t an easy one for you but you pulled through...see you in Accra. #NSMQ2019Regionals #NSMQ2019
Bueman SHS beat expected over dogs, Spaco with a point as they placed second with 13 points.
Agotime Senior High who are still pushing to debut at the national level will have to wait another year after finishing the contest in the last position with 10 points.
In a different contest, Dzodze Penyi SHS lived up to expectation and have secured a second consecutive qualification to the prelims.
With 35 points, they defeated Abor SHS who scored 21 points. Kpeve Senior High and Technical School lagged behind with four points.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Imported arms controversy: ‘Weapons pose security threat’ – Abotsi
- Climate change lessons included in new basic school curriculum
- We have employed 350,000 public sector workers - Veep
- 2 siblings washed away while playing in the rain
- Man charged with reckless driving wants to go to jail than home to wife
- Google launches one-stop shop for flights, hotels
- Baako wants CID boss changed
- 2 Suspected robbers killed in shoot-out with police at Kasoa
- NIA shuts down online portal for Ghana Card registration
- 5 years on; Rawlings, other NDC stalwarts remember PV Obeng
- Abuakwa South MCE urges youth to desist from using illicit drugs
- Who will be Ghana’s next possible IGP? Find out here
- Chinese man gets ten days in jail for giving his dogs “illegal” names
- Geddit Ghana announces winner of maiden promotion
- Zion College, Anloga celebrates 82nd speech and prize giving day