Awudome Senior High lived up to expectation on Wednesday as they defeated city rivals Tsito Senior High and Technical School to qualify for the National Science and Maths Quiz.
The contest was an easy one for Awusco as Tsito SHTS and Some Senior High gave them little or no competition.
Some spectators were trying their hands on the questions
In the end, Awusco won with 33 points while the two underdogs finished behind 17 points apiece.
In a different contest, Akatsi Senior High and Technical School took the shine as they beat Peki Senior High with a margin of three points.
The two schools were tied at 23 points each at the end of the contest so the winner had to be decided by a tie-breaker. Akatsi picked the third question for three points after the first two went unanswered.
Ave Senior High secured 17 points to place third while Likpe SHS fell behind with nine points.
Ho: End of contest:— NSMQ Ghana (@NSMQGhana) 27 March 2019
Akatsi SHTS: 26pts
Peki SHS: 23pts
Ave SHS: 17pts
Likpe SHS: 9pts
Tough luck to Peki SHS...you gave us a good contest but unfortunately things did not go your way. Better luck next time. Well done Akatsi SHTS...See you in Accra! #NSMQ2019Regionals #NSMQ2019
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Kumasi floods: One confirmed dead
- Make Tarkwa, Nkroful the Johannesburgs of Africa - Minister tells mining companies
- Chereponi: Renewed clashes claim one life as health workers flee
- CORRECTION: Amidu’s eligibility as Special Prosecutor: A-G ordered to file defence
- Accra floods: Akufo-Addo inspects dredging works
- Western regional minister, DCE dine with Free SHS students
- Special Prosecutor asked to explain fuel theft by staff
- Akufo-Addo must ensure no GMO in Ghana’s Agric agenda – FSG
- Photos: Eugene Arhin supports Muslims at Awutu Bawjiase
- Global Agric firm calls for increased investments in research
- Radio Gold, XYZ staff and others hit Accra streets over closure of radio stations
- Kumasi: Heavy downpour revives fear for lives, properties
- Photos/Video: Floods wreak havoc in Accra
- Peace Council urge gov't to extend training on terrorism to citizens
- Newspaper headlines: Tuesday, May 21, 2019