Despite performing below expectation, Sonrise Christian High School picked the very last slot to the preliminary stage of the 2019 National Science and Maths Quiz.
The Ho-based Volta-regional school beat Dorfor SHS and Dodi Papase Senior High and Technical School to achieve the feat.
The contest, the last of the Volta qualifiers and the last of all the qualifiers was expected to be a cat and mouse game but Sonrise’ challengers did a good job in taming the local top dog.
After the final whistle, however, Sonrise proved to their strength over the other competitors, scoring 22 points while the others tied at 11 points.
Sonrise would be aiming for a more sucessful campaign in 2019 after a fairly great debut in 2018.
The then debutant Sonrise made experienced and two-time winners, Opoku Ware Senior High, look like the debutants.
Their prospects were, however, stopped by Kumasi Senior High and Technical School in a nervy contest at the one-eight stage.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Ghanaian student shines at China’s leading university
- Father pulls son out of school so he can focus on video games full time
- Two planes collide at U.S. airport
- Amidu lashes out at Yaw Boaben Asamoa
- Apology from Adom FM newsroom to Sanitation Minister
- Sanitation minister apologises
- Section of Legon-Okponglo road temporarily closed
- Mass production of lawyers, forget it - CJ
- Avoke storms UEW to reinstate self as Vice-Chancellor
- 20 SHSs in Ashanti, Bono complete STEM camp in Kumasi
- 2 High Schools in U/E to remain closed for 2 weeks
- UEW VC sued by lecturer who wants Avoke back
- StanChart, Prudential Life launch savings and educational product
- Police arrest 3 with human parts
- KNUST student from less endowed SHS becomes valedictorian