Despite performing below expectation, Sonrise Christian High School picked the very last slot to the preliminary stage of the 2019 National Science and Maths Quiz.
The Ho-based Volta-regional school beat Dorfor SHS and Dodi Papase Senior High and Technical School to achieve the feat.
The contest, the last of the Volta qualifiers and the last of all the qualifiers was expected to be a cat and mouse game but Sonrise’ challengers did a good job in taming the local top dog.
After the final whistle, however, Sonrise proved to their strength over the other competitors, scoring 22 points while the others tied at 11 points.
Sonrise would be aiming for a more sucessful campaign in 2019 after a fairly great debut in 2018.
The then debutant Sonrise made experienced and two-time winners, Opoku Ware Senior High, look like the debutants.
Their prospects were, however, stopped by Kumasi Senior High and Technical School in a nervy contest at the one-eight stage.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Kumasi floods: One confirmed dead
- Make Tarkwa, Nkroful the Johannesburgs of Africa - Minister tells mining companies
- Chereponi: Renewed clashes claim one life as health workers flee
- CORRECTION: Amidu’s eligibility as Special Prosecutor: A-G ordered to file defence
- Accra floods: Akufo-Addo inspects dredging works
- Western regional minister, DCE dine with Free SHS students
- Special Prosecutor asked to explain fuel theft by staff
- Akufo-Addo must ensure no GMO in Ghana’s Agric agenda – FSG
- Photos: Eugene Arhin supports Muslims at Awutu Bawjiase
- Global Agric firm calls for increased investments in research
- Radio Gold, XYZ staff and others hit Accra streets over closure of radio stations
- Kumasi: Heavy downpour revives fear for lives, properties
- Photos/Video: Floods wreak havoc in Accra
- Peace Council urge gov't to extend training on terrorism to citizens
- Newspaper headlines: Tuesday, May 21, 2019