Northern Ghana giant, Notre Dame Senior High has been slain.
The Navrongo-based school suffered a shocking defeat at the regional level of the National Science and Maths Quiz on Friday, costing them representation at the 2019 nationals.
Bawku Senior High and Technical School scored 21 points in the contest to pick up the first slot in the Upper East region ahead of Notre Dame who participated in the competition in 2018.
The Upper East regional top dogs, however, tasted day 1 elimination at the University of Ghana and must now sit on the sidelines and watch the entire 2019 contest as spectators.
Zamse SHTS is also out after placing second with 17 points, Sandema SHS scored 16 points and Sirigu SHS scored 10 points.
Shocker, is what some have described Notre Dame’s 11 points.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Newspaper headlines: Tuesday, June 25, 2019
- Aggressive seagulls keep couple hostage in their own home for six days
- Zongo chief takes on UEW Vice Chancellor over discord at university
- Video: Meet Sarafina, the 16-year-old anti-child marriage campaigner
- Paris planning flying taxis by 2024
- NSMQ2019 one-eighth stage: Day 1 thrills as KSTS, Porters are sent packing
- Special Feature on 1V1D: Complaints by communities gov’t should not ignore
- Archbishop Porter Girls bundled out of NSMQ2019
- Anas exposes ‘pastor’ allegedly forcing orphan to eat own poop
- Hotline Documentary: Killing our roses (III) – The Aftermath
- NSMQ2019: Presec restores contest to factory setting after R1 loss
- Water tariff goes up by 8%
- NSMQ2019: Pope John get KSTS revenge to qualify for quarterfinals
- 4 Gov’t officials in road crash; 3 in critical condition
- Photos: Down but not out, the traffic lights that direct nobody