The Director of Communications at the Presidency, Eugene Arhin, on Monday, paid a surprise visit to Muslims in Awutu Bawjiase in the Awutu Senya West constituency in the Central region.
As part of the visit, the Presidential Staffer also donated some items, including rice, sugar, mats, plastic kettles and unspecified amounts of money to the Muslim Community.
The gesture was part of his efforts to support Muslims during this period of fasting and prayers
Upon reaching Bawjiase, Eugene Arhin, who was accompanied by some constituency executives of the governing New Patriotic Party (NPP), first called on the Zongo Chief (Sarikin), Alhaji Mohammed Muniru’s palace to inform him and elders of the area of his mission.
From then he proceeded to the Bawjiase Central mosque where he met the Imam, Abass Adams Siesay, and other elders of the Muslim community, where he made another donation.
The Imam and his elders prayed for the Eugene Arhin and asked for God’s blessings upon him
The chiefs used the occasion to plead for the construction of drains (gutters) in the area, with Eugene promising to do what he can within his means to help address their concerns.
The Director of Communications asked for prayers for the nation, President Akufo-Addo, the Member of Parliament, George Andah, the Chief Executive for the District as well as for himself.
He equally took the opportunity to advise the youth of the area to remain united and support the good works of President Akufo-Addo and the NPP government.
On the issue of jobs for the youth as was raised by the elders, the Director of Communication indicated his willingness to assist them in landing opportunities in the several employment modules government has and continues to roll out.
Eugene Arhin later visited the home of the late Kojo Oppey Abbey, a former NPP Member of Parliament of the area, to commiserate with the widow and the immediate family on the passing of their kinsman.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Withdraw bill to regulate training of lawyers – Legal practioners, MPs
- Foreign Minister itemises utilisation of $3b China loan
- Ugandan cows 'to get birth certificates'
- Immigration foils trafficking of 7 girls
- Ghanaian scientists to be profiled at landmark scientific meeting
- 2nd Edition of Driver & Road Safety Awards launched
- Suspend prosecution of Menzgold CEO, help us retrieve cash - Aggrieved customers
- Poly Tank receives second Superbrand award
- Rev. Steve Mensah, CEM to build ‘Ability Village' for PWDs
- Autism school nears collapse as ¢200k investment for kids is locked up
- Textbook publishers to be certified by NaCCA
- Afoko pleads not guilty to murder charges
- Sandema SHTS: Student dies after clashes with police
- Concerned old boys of Bishop Herman College raise funds to buy mono-desks
- Prof Bawole appointed Dean of University of Ghana Business School