Floods continue to wreak havoc in parts of the capital following one hour of rain on Monday.
The newly constructed Terminal 3 at the Kotoka International Airport (KIA) and several homes flooded following the downpour.
For instance, residents at Asylum Down, Kaneshie and parts of the Accra International Trade Fair all in Accra spent hours scooping out water from the homes, while the Okponglo area on the Madina-Accra highway, which is notorious for flooding, was not left out.
Meanwhile, unconfirmed reports indicate that two persons were killed during the rains.
NADMO officials have been unavailable to confirm the deaths, but President Addo Akufo-Addo is expected to tour some flood-prone areas later this morning.
Ahead of that, Dredge Masters, the contractors carrying out dredging works in the Odaw River, said it has cleared out lots of silt from the 7.5 km stretch drain to prevent spillovers during the rains.
The video below shows the flooding situation at KIA’s Terminal 3 on Monday.
Also published below are some random shots from flood locations in Accra.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Avoke storms UEW to reinstate self as Vice-Chancellor
- 20 SHSs in Ashanti, Bono complete STEM camp in Kumasi
- 2 High Schools in U/E to remain closed for 2 weeks
- UEW VC sued by lecturer who wants Avoke back
- StanChart, Prudential Life launch savings and educational product
- Police arrest 3 with human parts
- KNUST student from less endowed SHS becomes valedictorian
- Investment in data collection important to surviving water disasters – Weather expert
- Photos: Section of Okponglo road caves in
- Kissi Agyebeng replaces Date-Bah at Electronic Communications Tribunal
- 2 traders in critical condition after gunmen lay siege to highway
- Smart learning and national experience centre project to be introduced in Ghana
- Newspaper headlines : Tuesday, July 23, 2019
- SMT Ghana launches Volvo Truck traffic safety campaign
- Voltic launches plastic buy-back project at La