Audio By Carbonatix
The Ghana Health Service (GHS) on Wednesday revealed that all seven coronavirus patients in the country were in stable conditions.
Director of Public Health at the GHS, Dr Ebenezer Badu Sarkodie, made the revelation when he opened a press conference organised by the Information Ministry to give an update on the new coronavirus outbreak in Ghana.
“The case count remains seven; all seven cases are being managed in isolation and all are in stable condition,” he said.
Also, he revealed that contact tracing for six out of the seven cases have reached 381, but none of these contacts has tested positive for the fast-spreading deadly virus.
“All of them are being followed up on and are doing well,” Dr Sarkodie said.
He said contact tracing for the seventh confirmed patient has started and was ongoing.
Ghana has been on high alert after two persons tested positive for the global pandemic two weeks ago.
The two initial cases were confirmed on Thursday, March 12, 2020, and were imported cases.
On Sunday, March 15, the Ghana Health Service announced four more cases, bringing the number to six.
The seventh case was announced on Tuesday.
With all of the cases being imported, Ghana has firmed up its travel restrictions and has since last week been enforcing a travel ban on all countries which have recorded more than 200 cases of COVID-19.
Speaking at the presser on Wednesday, Information Minister Kojo Oppong Nkrumah, said the legislation to deal with a possible spread of the coronavirus will be laid in Parliament by close of Wednesday.
He said the bill seeks to limit the freedoms in Article 21 of the 1992 Constitution.
The Ghana Immigration Service also said at the presser that it has returned incoming flights from other countries at the Kotoka International Airport as part of measures to prevent the importation of cases of the novel coronavirus.
In all, some 31 travellers from these restricted countries like the UK, US, Italy and France have been prevented from entering Ghana.
Globally, there are 218, 723 coronavirus cases with only 8, 943 deaths. Some 84, 943 persons are reported to have recovered from the virus.
Latest Stories
-
Mali renews Barrick Mining’s Loulo license for 10 more years
1 hour -
Gender pay gap won’t close for another 30 years, warns UK trade unions group
1 hour -
No free pass for internet platforms on child safety, Starmer says
2 hours -
Andrew’s time as trade envoy should be investigated, says Vince Cable
2 hours -
‘Trump will be gone in three years’: Top Democrats try to reassure Europe
2 hours -
Cuban cigar festival called off as US blockade worsens energy crisis
2 hours -
Head of Dubai-based ports giant quits after Epstein links revealed
2 hours -
Nigeria’s state-owned NNPC records $4.2 billion after-tax profit in 2025
3 hours -
French tourist found dead in Chad after falling off cliff
3 hours -
Asuogyaman MP commissions four projects, breaks ground for more on birthday
3 hours -
GNFS averts potential petrol tanker explosion at Aveme Junction
3 hours -
Ferocious fire at Agatex Paint Factory in Ho contained
3 hours -
MTN Ghana drives nationwide blood mobilisation in partnership with Ho Teaching Hospital
4 hours -
MTN Ghana leads lifesaving blood drive as Ho Teaching Hospital warns of critical shortages
4 hours -
KNUST dominate maiden SEEDAfrique Relay Open Championship in Kumasi
4 hours
