The Ghana Health Service has confirmed another case of COVID-19, bringing the total number of recorded cases to seven.

According to the Service’s website, the latest was recorded in the Greater Accra Region.

“The case-patient is a 35-year-old male, a Ghanaian citizen, who returned to Accra from France within the past 14 days,” the statement said.

The statement said the latest case is also an imported one and is “being managed in isolation and he is in stable condition.”

The communique revealed that the latest case, like the previous ones, is also an imported one and is “being managed in isolation and he is in stable condition.”

This announcement comes two days after the Director of Public Health at the Ghana Health Service confirmed four more cases of the deadly coronavirus in the country.

This comes two days after the Director of Public Health at the Ghana Health Service confirmed four more cases of the deadly coronavirus in the country.

Today’s revelation also provided details on the extent of contact-tracing undertaken so far following Sunday’s announcement.

“With regard to contact tracing, a total of 350 contacts have been identified and are being followed up,” it read.

“Two of the contacts who developed symptoms, had their samples tested but they came out to be negative. Currently, there is no death and all the seven (7) confirmed COVID-19 cases are being managed in isolation and are in stable condition,” the statement further clarified.

The Noguchi Memorial Institute for Medical Research and the Kumasi Centre for Collaborative Research have tested 143 suspected cases for COVID-19 as of March 17, 2020.

At a press conference on March 15, to announce the four new cases discovered at the time, Dr Badu Sarkodie said the cases were imported into the country.

Giving a breakdown of the new cases, Dr Sarkodie said on Friday, March 13, 2020, the Ashanti and Greater Accra Regions recorded two new cases.